Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been doing this thread on clubcivic.com, so lets see how it goes on here.

as some of you know I got my engine out, and the head off and everything. Waiting for the hone so I can hone it out.

Today was fun, I got the MPFI conversion started. Got the injector resistor wires, injector wires, and a few other things done today. here are some pictures of what's going on.

Did I mention that I am NOT a slob? I like to mark EVERYTHING when it comes to this stuff.

the resistor box

look at that, they are just NEATLY done.

all tinned up and everything

and here are the injector resistor wires, and some injector wires through the firewall

and here are pics of the turbo manifold and turbo downpipe. they are to be here on tuesday or wednesday. so I am hoping to see them tomorrow lol

I hope to be ordering my stage 1 clutch, intake manifold, head gasket set, and maybe my resonated test pipe. not sure what all I can get yet. but if anything, I am getting my head gasket set and clutch. I gotta get this bitch together soon. It's killing me when I can't drive it.

Hey, you think the STD, DX and Si have the same stock pumps? j/w cause I wanna know how much fuel my pump can bring fast enough. dropping the tank isn't what I would plan on doing. Not in the mood for it. and don't have the time to deal with it. Comments, Help and insights are ALWAYS wanted. Thanks guys

·
Registered
98 coupe
223 Posts
Hey, you think the STD, DX and Si have the same stock pumps? j/w cause I wanna know how much fuel my pump can bring fast enough. dropping the tank isn't what I would plan on doing. Not in the mood for it. and don't have the time to deal with it. Comments, Help and insights are ALWAYS wanted. Thanks guys
You don't need to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump, just lift the back seat up and bingo. No idea on if they have different pumps though. :uh:

:ninja edit: I didn't see the ED6 part so I have no idea if you have to drop the tank on those..I was thinking about my ej6..oops

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
That Turbo Mani looks Cherry but How Long do they Last like that?
After the car is fired for the first time with it on it will start to turn colors.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Sorry to say this, but that mani/down pipe are a waste of money.
knew that was comin.....lol

there said to fall apart due to shotty materials....i have one no probs as of yet but getting changed to a log mani very soon...just have to put on

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
my mani lasted me 400 miles. and i had to weld it every 100 miles to keep from falling apart till ym log came in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The manifold is ok if it falls apart, I don't need it last long, it's a used one from my friend, same as the turbo and downpipe. he used them on his EG for a while. never had to weld them or anything. they worked just fine. And my goal for power is around 140 to 150. Not looking to break balls on the power at all. Just more than stock, but not a shit load more. And the good thing about my family is that my brothers are both the highest paid welders at Precision Cast Parts here in Oregon. So I get anything fixed for free. I'm waiting for the money for materials so I can have my brothers weld me up a log style manifold. I like how they look, and they last a long time too. Same as the down pipe. The pipe I want them to make is able to open and close with a valve.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
what do you ean open and close valve?? also. i think you meant portland on your location :X

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you ean open and close valve?? also. i think you meant portland on your location :X
lol yes your right i did.

The valve is electronically controlled to open and close the exhaust. this mean that when someone goes to the track and have a tune for high boost, but they have a restrictive exhaust, they can open it up to allow for better flow.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
better known as a exhaust cut out, crack the valve when racing, close it for street, or just find yourself a free flowing quiet exhaust
yup thats right....I want to keep the JDM SiR cat back cause its nice and quiet...I figure that the wastegate should be open most of the time so it would be good for daily driving....and since it is only 4 to 5 pounds, the exhaust shouldnt be restrictive....

I guess this is an update

I had an extra 90-91 si cluster in my room, traded it with my friend for a Z6 intake manifold, fuel rail, and already tapped oil pan....So I am glad that I had that ls intake here with me, so I have a ls tb that ill be putting on it.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
so your boosting a b1? damn swap that cam outta there ASAP to an a6 or more

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so your boosting a b1? damn swap that cam outta there ASAP to an a6 or more
yes I am boosting a b1. If I had the money to I would have bought a junkyard A6 motor, Y8 head, and gone that way. But that is not in the plans for this at all, I think I may just have a A6 cam sitting at my friends house I can yank off him though. Late down the road, I have a D16A1 head that I am going to mate to a DOHC ZC block. and then throw it in. But that wont be till next summer, or in a different car. To answer the dang questions people keep asking. Yes i realized the rods can handle little boost, yes I am boosting a B freakin 1, so what. No I am not trying to make numbers past 160, no I dont care if the engine throws a rod, or anything like that. this motor has been waiting to retire for years. and with 2 rebuilds that have been done in the past( old owner had recipts for EVEYTHING) I think It can last a few thousand miles boosted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts