Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, I bought these for my car not long after I had it. I didn't know much at all about cars then and I thought I needed new plug wires so I picked these up. I blew the motor a while back and got a hatch so the car sat for a long time, put a sohc zc vtec in it and boosted it and used those plug wires again and the #1 plug wire has pretty much failed. When under any kind of load, it stops giving spark at all. I through my stock plug wires back on there which have over 80k on them and it's running perfect now. FUCK APC shit. Just for the record, I don't own anything else like that. I got rid of it all a long time ago lol.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
APC=American Piece of Crap or American Phucking Crap. Ngk's the shit but I don't have money for their wires right now nor do I even need them. Like I said, I put the stockers back on and no more missing or stumbling at all. I had only been 16 for like 2 months when I bought the APC wires lol. I think I just liked em b/c they were blue and they were OMG...10.5mm wires! lol Anyway, yea...complete shit.

·
Registered
956 Posts
APC is pretty much junk. I use to have a set of those (dont ask, ricer years) but I got NGK's now and its hella alot of better.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep that's cause NGK's the shit. I've always used their plugs. They're great. Plug wires were great on my B16. I'll get some later.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
For The Win. come on guest, you've been here for almost 3 years and dont know that.

Reactions: guest

·
Registered
96 civic hatch
183 Posts
man this is hilarious.. finally someone said something about that brand. i laugh my ass off when people pull up to me with APC stickers all over their car. i just dont get it when the car is a honda and has these disgraceful parts and labels/stickers on them. but yea ngk's are good, and make sure ur running same spark plugs. i run an even setup on ignition parts. mismatch parts or better spark plugs but shitty wires can cause problems. the stock plugs/wires for most hondas but brand new would be best.

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah i'll admit i had a set of there 10.5mm wires on my hx, driving to pick op the girl on our second date taking her to a wedding than out to dinner, damn 3rd wire is poping off in like 90deg wether, kinda looks odd to see a guy in a nice black suit doing wires in a church parking lot... but im again running Carquest "Taylors" i love quality at a good price, now i need to find out who castrol syntec is there house brand

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Heck I just got the ones from Autozone and they do just fine, still have NGK plugs tho:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive had the ones from autozone, the super cheap like 17 dollar ones, and the boot melted around the spark plug in cyl. 2. that was a bitch...
I run Accel Yellows

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.