Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if the d-series is the dog of the Honda world, then the 7th gen d17a1 is probably the dog of the d-series engines.. buuuuut I did a write up on them anyway and wanted some techy folks to weigh in and lemme know if Im full of it:

Modifying the 2001 – 2005 Honda Civic (USDM)

Was really thinking nitrous for my 03 lx, buuuuut just had a crazy idea abt gx pistons, e85 conversion, and a few other tasty bits so now i cant decide...

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
I've heard others mention the GX pistons. They would sure yield some serious compression ratios. I've never seen anyone actually do this or even heard of anyone actually doing this though. But you should be the first and tell us how it is!!! If you did go with nitrous you would surely probably want to get the y8 IM...which involves some fabbing but is possible. You couldn't ever really expect to get this motor to perform really well...despite, of course, spending massive amounts of money. Anything can be done per say with mad $$$. But the question is then: Is it worth the money and effort when there are cheaper and better performing options out there? Or just get a K haha.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Wow you really like the letter "u" huh?

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
interesting... i want to see you put your advice to the test. carnage is very much welcomed on this site.
CARNAGE is always welcomed! As well as chaos, mayhem, recklessness,
stupidity and anything else that leads to carnage.. which is why I'm going
to shove a bottle of propane under my hood right now and hit I-75. I'll post pics. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts