Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
that's a "basemap, and it's encoded so peopel can't "just burn" you a chip. if you do NOT have the attechnemt box for theolder systems or the new S300 system you will not be able to run the Hondata program becasue of the encription.

YOU need to do osme research and talk to some sops first before you go posting this kind of crap. Thgat's the fastest way for you to blow up your motor. Please think before you try something as I get the feeling your not well to do with $ and the route your trying to take is certainly going to end up witha dead motor on your hands.

Go to a shop and have them help you make some decisions as to what woudl be your best route to take.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Street Sniper said:
I saw on Hondata.com that the software has pre-set fuel/ignition maps for certain set-ups. Can someone burn me a chip?

Hell, it doesn't even have to be Hondata. Uber or Chrome or whatever.

[email protected]
What do you have done to the car? Is your ECU chipped?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, I'm not lazy. I have read for hours over at pgmfi.org and the shit is in Greek or Kanji, I can't tell. And you're right, I'm not rich. If I were would I be asking anybody for anything? No, I would just drop it off at the shop and pick up a 12 second car a week later.

Everybody who does their own tuning always says for me to do my own research. Well I have. I get it. I need a wideband and Hondata and a laptop and 11ty billion dollars of other shit and then I can be worthy of asking anything about basemaps and fuel maps and whatever the fuck maps.

I was just assuming (incorrectly obviously) that with all of the time and money that goes into research and tuning that someone would have a program or chip or whatever the hell it's called that is pretty close to what you need on certain set-ups. I see a screen shot: "D16Z6/ Jackson Racing Supercharger/8psi" Why wouldn't I think that that is a program I could use?

I'm sorry if I dont' understand encoded basemaps and dont just happen to know that I need a special attachment box, but it isn't like I asked "SRI or CAI?"

My local shop only tunes Hondata and they want $310+tax to do it. My bad if I cant' just drop a grand for a tune. Even if I could, they treat me like you are right now. If you dont' have a Type-R swap and a turbo you are a 2nd (or 3rd if you rock the D) class citizen. I swear, if you were to judge just by the attitudes of the tuners down here you woudl think that we are the center of the tuning universe.

Whatever, I will go read some more and ask other people stupid questions until I figure it out. Sorry for the rant becasue you have been really cool answering some of my other questions.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
couldnt you just copy and paste the hondata maps into uber? They are just cells, afterall....I was thinking about doing this when I sell my car. I want to keep hondata, so I figured I could just copy the cell data, paste it into uber, and burn a chip....

D

·
0 Posts
I have hondata with rom editor, burner ect. The base maps are just a starting point. You must have the blue box to run a hondata chip. You could cut and paste the map into uber or crome so I hear.

Do you have hondata or just a chipped ecu or what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts