Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,714 Posts
I wish Dave (Blundar) was still on here :)

I think his brain just got an SOS danger alert from my posting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be using it myself seems to be decent then again I'm coming from HPtuner and LS stuff I think I'll get the hang of it after I work some bugs out of the car that I believe is engine related.

For free software it beats Crome that I was gonna use.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,277 Posts
EDIT - Re-writing this whole post.

I just looked this over and it looks amazing. I just need to get used to the layout and the overall scheme.

I'm going to import my current maps and then test this out. Possibly even re-tune with it just to see how it does.

I'd be willing to join the VIP if I end up liking the software.
Big thumbs up to these guys as far as features.
The wideband closed loop settings look awesome.

What would be badass is having wideband closed loop fuel trim authority over different areas of the map. For example - Different authority percentages between idle, cruise, etc.

Is anyone using the bluetooth datalogging?

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,277 Posts
So I hooked downloaded HTS to my laptop, spent a night or two looking over all the settings and parameters before I hooked it up to my Ostrich and tried it out.

The settings / features are awesome and overall, it's pretty easy to figure out. It also seems pretty stable. I had zero issues hooking up my Ostrich or datalogging cable.

Right now, I'm figuring out the prime settings for tuning / filtering fuel cells. So far, that's really the only thing I've really needed to dial-in / learn. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

HTS is really looking like a good thing. I'm looking forward to tweaking the wideband closed loop settings after I get an acceptable tune with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine idling on it and doing a few heat cycles to check for leaks and or problems. For free it seems like a solid setup especially once I figured a few things out in the tune. Got a few odds and ends to add on like and oil cooler, oil psi gauge and I flipped the turbo around to have more clearance so I cut up the DP mocked it up and Ima need to weld it. Once I get a few things done I can get to more in depth tuning on it with HTS I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,177 Posts
The HTS discord is also pretty poppin if you have any questions; I'm regularly in there helping out as I tend to do. HTS definitely kept the nice user interface and controls/layouts that made eCtune so nice; same with its datalogger.

It took a bit of work to recover the original ectune forum and its contents but its now all available again.

I highly suggest anyone to try it. Even if you paid for neptune you can set your emulator vendor back to default using the Moates utility, and try HTS if you wish; and there's nothing keeping you from switching back to neptune or [other].

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I experimented with taking my Crome Gold rom tables and converting them with HTS. That seemed to work pretty well. I didn't see any real issues. So that was pretty cool.

I was experimenting with it and while driving around on my converted map, they AFR's weren't terribly off. There were a few areas where it went from 14's on the original tune to high 13's and low 15's. I decided to experiment with the HTS auto-adjust feature after logging for a while and it made my tune go wicked lean. Like, 17's, 18's, 19's lean. This happened multiple times. I don't use the auto adjust button to tune the car...but I do use it to get the car in the ballpark. Have you heard of this happening with HTS?

I have a method that I have always used with Crome to nudge the AFRs into the area I want them in with the auto adjust button and then tune the car manually. I should get on their page and start asking about the Tuning / Logging settings and parameters. The only thing that has kept me away from there so far is my hatred for Facebook.

I thought the settings I picked out were pretty reasonable. However, there are a few parameters I should ask about and get some opinions on.

·
Registered
Honda eg
51 Posts
Does anyone have problem with hc bluetooth module?
When i hook up module datalog work fine but fuel start bounce and after some time car die
without module everything is fine
I tried on a couple of cars same thing

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
47 Posts
I downloaded it a couple weeks ago. I’m new to tuning. I noticed the OBD0 tuning didn’t include my chipped PM6. I believe I saw a video earlier that said OBD0 tuning was for people outside of the USA? So that means us guys wanting to stay OBD0 are out of luck with HTS?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've used HTS for my d15 mini me, it went form 0-60 in 12 sec to 0-60 in 7.5 sec.
It's definitely a solid program. (y)

·
Registered
1994 turbo hatch
159 Posts
I wish the hotkeys were the same as ectune I can't get my head to want to remember them ..
maybe they can be custom settinged..
there is a setting for that. can’t remember how to get to it tho.

also anyone know how the auto-tune feature works? is it still in development?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
there is a setting for that. can’t remember how to get to it tho.

also anyone know how the auto-tune feature works? is it still in development?
try not to use auto-tune..

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I'm digging up this thread. I immediately thought of it last night.

My first experience with HTS was cool...but had some issues. Leaning out when playing with the auto-adjust, randomly shutting down on the laptop with an error code and a few other things. This was a while back.

I finally ditched my 4.2 LSU and got a new AEM X-Series that operates on the 4.9. I should have been 4.9 a long time ago..but that's a long story.

So after I got it wired up, I decided to do some playing. I tested some random tuning software just to see how close the AFRs were when comparing the gauge to the datalogger. Then, I downloaded the newest version of HTS and went driving around. The original point was just to test out my new wideband setup and see what kind of offset (if any) I was going to be dealing with in the future. But I was really impressed with the newest version of HTS.

No meltdowns on the laptop, no program-closing errors or datalogging drops, the AFRs were dead on, no leaning my fuel map out when experimenting with the Auto Adjust Selection. In fact, it's so smooth that I'm going to transfer my maps over to HTS and actually re-tune using it. It worked like I expected it to work the first time.

I officially went from "This is a cool concept" to "I'm a fan."

The "tuner rice" stuff was fun to play with as well. It was funny pop-corning past gas stations on Eureka road. That lasted all of ten minutes. But it was totally worth it.
I imagined myself running on a terrible, generic basemap that wasn't made for my car...a map that I bought on eBay for 35 bucks.. just to have the pop-corn mod to irritate the neighborhood with. Then I realized how I was going to get rich.

But in all seriousness, HTS is 100% awesome in my book now.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Awesome! I'm really contemplating leaving Tuner Express/OBD0, and going with HTS so that I can use the Digidizzy that Custom Y8 has coming out this year. Coil on plug with a digital distributor to control it. And its all plug and play, no extra add ons to the ECU. Glad to see you are digging HTS. Which version are you running? Glad to hear it's running with the stability of ECtune now and has the additional features.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
been wanting to use hts again but don't feel like using my charity tuning laptop running vista .
I have been using an older heavier one with a clean xp install cuz the rest piss me off , I only use this laptop for tuning .ectune
been getting a runtime environment error popup and hts closes .
have all dot nets installed from 2 to 4.5 or something .
does this work with my trusty xp?

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
been wanting to use hts again but don't feel like using my charity tuning laptop running vista .
I have been using an older heavier one with a clean xp install cuz the rest piss me off , I only use this laptop for tuning .ectune
been getting a runtime environment error popup and hts closes .
have all dot nets installed from 2 to 4.5 or something .
does this work with my trusty xp?
HTS does work on XP. Seems like some of the newer releases fixed bugs with Windows XP, so yeah it should work, just need to update to the latest release.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Awesome! I'm really contemplating leaving Tuner Express/OBD0, and going with HTS so that I can use the Digidizzy that Custom Y8 has coming out this year. Coil on plug with a digital distributor to control it. And its all plug and play, no extra add ons to the ECU. Glad to see you are digging HTS. Which version are you running? Glad to hear it's running with the stability of ECtune now and has the additional features.
I'm using v 2.02. Tonight, I'm testing running running closed loop with the 4.9 sensor.

Within the last year of running 4.2 sensors and a D2 wideband, I was on my 4th sensor. Luckily, I had a cheap connection to them. Then the D2 stopped working correctly and I just had it with the whole thing. So I ordered the AEM. It's nice to have a wideband sensor in the car that is designed to stay in the car.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
HTS does work on XP. Seems like some of the newer releases fixed bugs with Windows XP, so yeah it should work, just need to update to the latest release.
I tried them all. cannot find runtime environment ..
also uninstalled reinstalled .net. was mistaken it is 4.0
will go online and maybe find a different .net download..to try..

21 - 40 of 49 Posts