Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says: Are any of you actively using Honda Tuning Suite (HTS) yet? I downloaded it. It is a free software suite based off of ECTune from everything I can gather. Please correct me if that info is wrong.

It says that if offers OBD0 and OBD1. I tried building a BIN for OBD0 (since that's what I run with Tuner Express on my car), but had no luck. Switched to OBD1 and it did work fine. Just looking for insight, or to introduce the software if this community was unaware of it.

Basically posting this to see if any of you have experience with it and what you think of it compared to Neptune, ECTune, and Hondata.

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
just dl'd it last week ,only got as far as converting my current tune ,have not run with it yet..
does look like it has some promise.

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the past year I was using ectune but before that I was using crome, you know the one with the sweet music...
I'm not selling or pushing their stuff, just trying to get info out there. Check it out. This actually seems legit. Lots of features for free software. http://www.hondatuningsuite.com

Download it and let me know what you think. Its kinda got me fired up to convert to OBD1. I'm currently on OBD0 using Tuner Express.

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
the obd1 layout of the menus is similar to ectune most of the items are in a similar location also ,browsing through I'm finding some buttons are "funny" and the obd0 section seems to be frozen..

should get around to loading my ostrich and try some logging this week.

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the obd1 layout of the menus is similar to ectune most of the items are in a similar location also ,browsing through I'm finding some buttons are "funny" and the obd0 section seems to be frozen..

should get around to loading my ostrich and try some logging this week.
Yes they need some extra hands helping with the programming end of obd0. Most of the guys doing the work are focused on K series stuff to make the most of it. This is based off of ECTune (I believe) because as far as I know, most of the support for it is dead. Strong support group on Facebook. Really helpful with tuning/software questions.

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
got HTS working on vista laptop needs dotnet 3.5 and most current 4.xx
it found the ostrich on it's own but I had to manually select the com port and speed for data logger ,I am using a 2$ nokia cable and an old ass ostrich.

pressed connect ecu asks if you would like to convert .says yes ,looked over settings
looked ok ,
cranked it, started like usual, drove around for 20 minutes logging, tune seems close in most spots slight different running but for the most part runs the same as before with my tune converted and no tweaking..
just like most of these tuning applications they all have quirks to get used to ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
They stopped supporting ectune and apparently this guy has got permission to keep building the code. From what I see it looks super legit and if you ever have problem they have been super helpful even giving support and tips at like 3 am! If you go to youtube and look up huntertuned he is using it right now so you can get a visual

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They stopped supporting ectune and apparently this guy has got permission to keep building the code. From what I see it looks super legit and if you ever have problem they have been super helpful even giving support and tips at like 3 am! If you go to youtube and look up huntertuned he is using it right now so you can get a visual
I've watched the videos that Huntertuned has been putting up. Apparently a tutorial on how to use HTS is upcoming quickly. I look forward to that so we can see what extra features have been added. I've walked through the software quite a few times, looks great. Still needs some tweaks, wish you could magnify the fuel/ignition table graphs, but other than that, it looks pretty legit.

I'll attach a link once they have a tutorial up.

Also, they will have HTS open to K series/reflash very soon. So that's cool. Won't have to pay for K Pro, etc. Just pay these guys $50 to get instant access to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts