Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was original thinking about going the N/A way, but now im thinking about a SuperCharger, i've seen a couple people run them but was wondering is anyone here running one and if so how do you like it, what brand? about what price range? and how much of a bitch is it to get started.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought but thought i would ask since i heard of a Jackson Racing Super charger for a D series but everyone is saying they arent made anymore

·
Registered
HOnda Ef Civic
296 Posts
i did a supercharged zc in my ef 88 i used a sc12 toyota supercharger had to do customs brackets, build a itb sorta manifold to polt up to the SC removed factory 8 psi pulley and made a custom 18psi pully with some light head work and arp bolts all round and made 180 at the front wheels

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Jackson Racing is the only option if you want something that bolts right up.

Tons of people have done it and there's plenty of info on this site about it. They aren't made anymore but can be found on eBay pretty often.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Wife aggro so will have to keep thinking about which way i want to go for now

·
Registered
HOnda Ef Civic
296 Posts
remember it was onyl a toyota supercharger not a JRSC but it was a really swift 180whp and was only limted to that cause injectors were maxed out but got me down the stip at 13.3 pretty quick for a over night setup only thing that had thought put into it was the intake manifold that bolted up tp the sc

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
18 psi and only 180 whp?
No intercooler, possibly restricted head, no intercooler, SC not meant for that much power.

It you use a big SC, you can make lots of power. But where to put the thing?
And no one wants to drop the cash on a Rotrex or modern blower.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
If your running a d series engine good luck finding one.
That is straight bolt on? Yes, since most jackson racing systems are junk and or broken/missing parts. Also the lack of power made for the issues gained, it is not really a good choice.

HOWEVER, Procharger makes a kit for the B-series: locates it in a conversion bracket near the a/c compressor and windshield reservoir. Since the a/c compressor is the same for b and d...... :detective:

Well, you get the picture. Might not be bolt on, but sure would open a door. The tuner kit, with out the blower, is VERY reasonable IIRC. And honestly the way to go, if you went that route. Since you could source a slightly less efficient blower from OE to match the lower rpm band of the d.

Then again, you could ebay/fab/go-autoworks a turbo kit for half the price and half the head aches.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts