Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone was using a y8 crank in a z6...I got a remanufactured crank from advance auto where i work and they keep sending me a y8 crank so I said fuck it, i'll just use it. I plan on turboing this motor. Has anyone used the y8 crank in a z6? If so, how long has it been running for? I'm just worried about the one oiling hole for the journals. I figured I'd be using a ported z6 pump on the y8 crank. It should be good. Let me know what you guys think. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
i use z6 it rand all y8 internals in my last z6 i dont own it anymore but i drove it for about 6 months withno problems i beleive it still runs

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why not just send it back and get the z6.
Every time I send it back they keep sending me a crank for the y8 motor, so i said fuck it and now I'm just gonna use that one.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Every time I send it back they keep sending me a crank for the y8 motor, so i said fuck it and now I'm just gonna use that one.

This is the reason i am contemplating on buying the crank kit from autozone.Might just have mine ground at local machine shop for that reason.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Because it's basically an overpriced aftermarket stock pump.
Exactly. Someone pulled one apart and the gearing and the holes were IDENTICAL.

I am using a z6 crank in my y8 if thats any help. :wacko:

I say get the right z6 crank.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the reason i am contemplating on buying the crank kit from autozone.Might just have mine ground at local machine shop for that reason.
Yeah I work at advance. but hey, for the money, you cant beat it...i paid 125 and it came with rod and main bearings. Tons of people boost the y8 so I'm just going to run the y8 crank. I think it will be fine with the z6 pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts