Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
See Above
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience with the Snow Performance boostcooler Stage 1 kit for NA motors? I am running about 12.8:1 static and have to severely retard timing under load even running 94octane. I already know water/meth is my solution of choice, but am wondering about the quality of this particular kit.

Any insight or other brand suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience with the Snow Performance boostcooler Stage 1 kit for NA motors? I am running about 12.8:1 static and have to severely retard timing under load even running 94octane. I already know water/meth is my solution of choice, but am wondering about the quality of this particular kit.

Any insight or other brand suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Whats your setup? You shouldn't need meth at that comp ratio.

·
Registered
See Above
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not so much a need as a desire. I would like to run more timing to really take advantage of what Ive got. It is currently running like a champ, but I know with the amount I have to retard the timing right now, that its possible to get a lot more out of it.

I am running A1 pistons (.5mm over) in an A6 block with a mildly ported Z6 head. Its got a comp 59100 grind cam, rebuilt stock injectors, and a port-matched Z6 IM. I am running a stock header at the moment along with an AEM full length cold air for the A6. Right now im running an Apexi Power FC as engine management with a street tune for this setup.

I am interested to see if anyone has had any first-hand experience with this particular kit, I find it hard to justify $300+ on a product I havent seen first hand or heard much about.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
i have the snow kit albeit on my turbo d15b.

works great, just make sure you get the anti-siphon pumps(newer design)/or one way check valve.

·
Registered
92 vx hatch
95 Posts
meth=great for turbo ...but thats not your case.
i did some calling to snow about a n/a kit for my itb setup w/high comp. its a poor mans octane booster. the problem with the itb setup was that it was going to require me to fab up a plenum for the meth injector. the injectors were too powerful for injection into the carbs and would require spray from a distance.
give them a call about your setup. might require some fab on the intake pipe (could look into a blow off valve pipe for ease of installation) but there really is no limits to what you can fab.

as far as the quality goes, its legit. numerous turbo eclipses and civics use it where i'm from. pretty straight forward and good customer service. just dont forget to tune it good or else its worthless.

goodluck on the build

1 - 8 of 8 Posts