Honda D Series Forum banner

anyone used an HX35W?

2K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  mitsuman 
#1 ·
Ive got one laying around collecting dust and I was going to throw it on a D16. I assume it'd lag its ass off till it makes boost and then just be a monster

#2 ·
There is a guy on here that has a holset I'm not sure which one though, I'm pretty sure it's the hx35.

I was looking putting one on my setup I'm working on but I decided to opt out because of the twin scroll mani. And i needed to stay on budget and i would of wanted to do some extra head work with that turbo.

Best thing to do is just Google "hx35 d16z6"

Try it, i promise it works :D

#3 ·
lol i dont care ive got nothing but stupid ideas like this.. if i had a cheap mani bov wg and my intercooler wasnt 1147 mile at home in fl.. i'd try it.. but for now i suppose i will look for a new trans for my stupid hatchback.

however if i do get a new trans.. i might think bout it

#4 ·
do it!!!

there is a few of us running hx35's as well as other holset turbos....they spool relativly fast when combined with a twin scroll manifold. i would say it isnt to far behind my old t28(non ball bearing) setup

#7 ·
site sponsor make the manifolds, RCautoworks, GO-autoworks, etc

no there is no cheap twin scrolls unless you get your hands dirty and do it yourself

you can also talk to shawn screenname: sleepersedan on here, he made mine and may be willing to do the same for others but i cannot speak for him. i had him make mine out of mild steel tubing to keep costs down and he did it pretty cheap. im happy with it and the price i paid

also turboprelude95 made one for himslf that cameout great, dont know if he would be comfortable making stuff for other people....never hurts to ask, i'd shoot them pm's if your serious

edit: both were twinscroll manifolds made for a hx35

#17 ·
sorry.. sleep days work nights.. im back.. and Mine was an HX35W and I can't find any for 100 dollars ya'll must have good deals. Like I said Its collecting dust now it wasn't going to be enough for my 2.3 it was just going to be a temporary turbo until all the bugs were worked out. seems like I might just do it for fun once I get a new set up for a motor in this thing.

#22 ·
We have a bunch of people running that turbo on d engines, they work great. Don't be to focused on getting a twin scroll manifold, yes it will help but depending on your budget, it might not really be worth it in the long run to do a twin scroll manifold. And people swear these turbos have a distinctive sound that they love.

#23 ·
sooo im pretty sure the HX35W is a t4 exhaust housing.. now my question who makes the cheapest manifold for t4... SSautocrome makes a t3/t04 or w/e one i dont know if that works or not and I think i've not heard the best of things about them anyway... Either way cheapest manifold for D series that an HX35W (once again i think it's t4) can bolt onto.

#29 · (Edited)
i actually think i came out cheaper and quicker spooling. had manifold fabbed up locally(500,650 with downpipe), and bought a used evo 8 turbo(150). only down side is this turbo is super quiet :-/

650 for a manifold and turbo combo that will spool really fast, is a good deal IMHO

although this set up will only net me up to 350whp, its more then plenty for street use...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.