Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be another dumbass post but i can't find anyone who's using one, and probably for good reason. I'm just trying to get a little more HP til i have enough saved to do my turbo build. I found this HONDA CIVIC GF Performance Chip and thought it might be a cheap way to get a bit more HP until i can afford a turbo build.

Do you guys think i should save the 70 bucks and put it towards my engine internals list? Or will this be an ok addition to what i'm planning on doing in the future?

I plan to get the P28 ecu & the obd1 jumper harness in the next month. Will this chip be worthless if i get the ecu & harness? Can the same results be achieved with the p28 ecu

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
This might be another dumbass post but i can't find anyone who's using one, and probably for good reason. I'm just trying to get a little more HP til i have enough saved to do my turbo build. I found this HONDA CIVIC GF Performance Chip and thought it might be a cheap way to get a bit more HP until i can afford a turbo build.

Do you guys think i should save the 70 bucks and put it towards my engine internals list? Or will this be an ok addition to what i'm planning on doing in the future?

I plan to get the P28 ecu & the obd1 jumper harness in the next month. Will this chip be worthless if i get the ecu & harness? Can the same results be achieved with the p28 ecu
connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor
That alone should tell you no.

Its crap and can engine jacking something up.

Dont buy it and put it toward something useful

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Them dumb things have been around for a long time and they have never worked well. The early ones modified the IAT signal so the ecu thought the car air was colder then it actual was. On some cars this worked on others it would start to ignore the erroneous reading and some it sent into limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts