Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a throttle body from some guy off of honda tech who thought it was OEM GSR. I paid $45 shipped, and its definitely not a honda tb. There is no idle screw, but its a very nice polished piece.

68mm at the mouth, 65mm at the blade.

I am currently running an OEM D16 56mm tb.

Has anyone used this throttle body and had problems with the blade sticking? Or any other problems? I have never used OBX products and am wondering what kind of quality this part would be. I'm thinking it would be hard to fuck up a throttle body.

Any feed back would be much appreciated. I'm trying to decide whether I should use this one, or sell it and buy a real GSR tb.

OBX Throttle Body 92 00 Civic 1 6L SOHC 65mm Silver Colour | eBay

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I thought you knew what I had done to my engine. Haha like I'm some kind of n00b....

12.7:1 A6/Z6 Skunk2 pro intake manifold comp 59300 cam. I made 165 whp 119wtq last dyno run.

Anyone think I can break 170whp with this throttle body?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
You'll lose air velocity going that big. Especially on an N/A motor.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
If you do gain any HP at the top end it will be at a huge loss at the low end. Go with the b-series TB and call it a day.
Bingo... I rocked a b16a2(60mm) tb for a while and it was a good fit. Now I am running an ITR tb (62mm) for my boosted setup and its perfect for it.... Good luck

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My 195hp b18c1 came with a 68mm OBX TB, I got it all cleaned up and working + adjusted right so it was perfectly driveable. Then I traded it for a stock b16a1 60mm TB and my car ran TONS better. WAY better low end, better mid range and the same top end. The difference was night and day.

My suggestion would be a WTT craigslist add. That's what I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts