Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
An aftermarket intake manifold on a Dseries doesnt help but like 2hp, the flow on a stock on is just as good, why waste $200. Imo.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
unless your head is ported to shit and you have some badass cams, an aftermarket IM isnt going to help much. plus you will be in about $350 after the adapter and IM...

spend that money on an n20 kit instead

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
I'm gonna have to third the motion. Don't get an aftermarket IM unless you have a buit engine/turbo plans, because it won't really do much o a stock engine and tune.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already a NOS brand kit(wet)i havnt installd it yet because i never have time i work alot. hopefuly soon and i will post a diy on it when i do

·
Registered
958 Posts
let me chime in here since we are the ones selling the adapter - we came up with the adapter after numerous questions regarding how to install a SOHC Jackson Racing Supercharger on a DOHC ZC - the JRSC for the ZC is no longer available, but is available for the SOHC engines and this adapter lets you use the SOHC JRSC on the DOHC ZC - we also had requests from people that had mildly built engines with different camshafts and wanted to use an aftermarket (like Skunk2) or D16Y8 intake manifold and a larger throttle body like a B-series - these throttle bodies will not fit the DOHC ZC intake manifold - if you are swapping to larger camshafts, you will more than likely benefit from a larger throttle body which means you will need a different manifold - on a stock fuel injected DOHC ZC engine, you can't improve on the stock intake manifold and adding a different manifold with the adapter won't help you out - will probably hurt more than help

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
let me chime in here since we are the ones selling the adapter - we came up with the adapter after numerous questions regarding how to install a SOHC Jackson Racing Supercharger on a DOHC ZC - the JRSC for the ZC is no longer available, but is available for the SOHC engines and this adapter lets you use the SOHC JRSC on the DOHC ZC - we also had requests from people that had mildly built engines with different camshafts and wanted to use an aftermarket (like Skunk2) or D16Y8 intake manifold and a larger throttle body like a B-series - these throttle bodies will not fit the DOHC ZC intake manifold - if you are swapping to larger camshafts, you will more than likely benefit from a larger throttle body which means you will need a different manifold - on a stock fuel injected DOHC ZC engine, you can't improve on the stock intake manifold and adding a different manifold with the adapter won't help you out - will probably hurt more than help
I was wondering when someone would start making these. Looks like a nice piece and the price really isn't bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts