Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
alot pf people dont trust it so i want to know who does and what were the outcomes
i wouldnt trust it... you dont need to bore at all unless the reason is to get rid of scores or if the cylinder isnt round anymore... 76 seems like a pretty high number, and a lot of strength is probably lost. ~400hp is about the limit with stock thickness, i would be scared over 300 with 1mm taken off.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
berettagtz was running 76mm Vitaras in his boosted setup. ran great as far as i knew. he sold the car and the guy that bought it also never had problems.

the car was since stolen, so who knows anymore

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
berettagtz was running 76mm Vitaras in his boosted setup. ran great as far as i knew. he sold the car and the guy that bought it also never had problems.

the car was since stolen, so who knows anymore
how much boost was he running?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
My friend at ARIAS says 76mm is as far as he would go with the stock sleeves... Should have no issues

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
If nothing else, you can post the block.
i would post the block, but after reading the diy block filling, im a little indimidated

My friend at ARIAS says 76mm is as far as he would go with the stock sleeves... Should have no issues
all depends on what your goals are i guess... i hear the general consensus is that stock sleeves are good for 400ish hp... i dont know how much you take away by removing a mm but my goals require the stock bore with nothing removed (at least the project im putting together for spring break)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
IMO I wouldnt go 76mm on the stock sleeves if i were going to boost. But I would easily do it N/A for sure. I know that Oscar Jackson (jackson racing) has gone bigger than 76mm quite a few times.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sure there is a lot of speculation, but the bottom line is that if you are removing 1mm out of the sleeves, its gonna be weaker. I'm sure that you could get 76mm bore stock sleeves to 400whp, but as soon as that things see some detonation, its toast.

If you are worried about extra piston wall clearance i think knurling the piston is a better alternative.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
its not the piston i want clearance for 1mm os valves and z6 heads are already close enough in stock form

HUH????? Your op was asking about 76mm pistons.. Now you want to know about os valves?? :alky: :alky: I am confused I need another drink or something.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Why not just sleeve it and put 78mm slugs in it while you are at it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.