Discussion Starter #1

T3/T4 turbo
12x26x3 intercooler
cast iron manifold
polish alluminum piping
adjustable JDM boost controller
38mm wastegate 1 30 psi
Version-RS blow off valves w/ daul stage pull type relief valve flanges

just wann see if this is worth the $800obo he's askin for because i don't attain the knowledge to piece together one, and i'm not online much cause of school/work. lmk what you think.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What kind of car do you have. I bought a very similar kit for my CRX and all the piping was wrong. (Same piping as pictured.) theres not enough bends. Also the intercooler is kind of big for my liking. BTW it is an Ebay kit if you don't know. The intercooler would work, but like I said a little big for my taste. I have that manifold, but the threaded mounting holes for the turbo are a little off, so you will have to enlarge the holes on the turbo to bolt it up. The casting kind of sucks and needs to be cleaned up inside the manifold. The turbo is a knock off and will most likely need a rebuild sooner than a name brand. Oh and you will need a oil restrictor. Who knows if the wastegate and BOV will work? You might get lucky. But if you are very mechanically inclined and don't mind moddifying just about everything a little bit to save some money, this might be okay for you. I was on a very tight budget so that's what I am doing. Plus I'm a metal fabricator for a living so i don't mind a little cutting, grinding and welding. I guess my point is if you want a bolt up kit, THIS IS NOT IT!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
^^^
... The casting kind of sucks and needs to be cleaned up inside the manifold. The turbo is a knock off and will most likely need a rebuild sooner than a name brand... Who knows if the wastegate and BOV will work? You might get lucky...I guess my point is if you want a bolt up kit, THIS IS NOT IT!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Do this, Find out what kind of turbo it is....Next check out the wastgate/Turbomanifold/BOV.....The rest is just piping and an intercooler with clamps and other BS....those first 4 things will determin wut that thing will do...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Since you seem to know about this kit, how would you say it holds up against a Greddy kit for the 96-00 ex?
-d
Greddy = quality parts
eBay kit = knockoff parts with no quality control or real engineering involved in the development of the kit

·
Registered
901 Posts
alright... bringing it back to a BASIC principle... you get what you pay for! e-bay stuff isn't the highest quality, hence the price. I'm not saying it's going to blow up on you, or not fit right. maybe it's exactly what you need for a quick boost project, and pending if you're lucky enough, you'll get a decent set-up.

here's some advice though. take your time, build up a kit with quality parts even if it takes you longer, and enjoy the idea that you're not going to have to replace anything for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts