Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am thinking about doing a y7 build w/ the bisi 1.2 turbo cam? I was wondering if it makes good power? do you NEED retainers+cam gear? or can u use just springs?

thanks.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i thought you were going n/a lol see you are so indecisive bro. just do the damn build already.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
best bet is buy springs and retainers. a cam thats aftermarket is def gonna require a little extra support. as far as cam gear...i dk. prob not. the only reason you get a cam gear is to have it adjustable for different setups and as long as you get it tuned it shouldnt matter. hope this helps

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
just get the springs

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought you were going n/a lol see you are so indecisive bro. just do the damn build already.
WTF are you doing in the n/a and turbo threads? J/K.

I at least commited to the d16y7 something. I just bought an obd2a_obd1 conversion harness, chipped non vtec obd1ecu and a y8 manifold+2 wire iacv.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
greasemonkey89...

is that vatos locos forever in you sig?
yes sir cause im gangsta like that well it helps that im a albino mexican.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
I've spoken to Bisi about using the 1.2 turbo cam in my build. He said it isn't necessary to buy the springs and retainers or even an aftermarket cam gear for that matter. You can even use it in NA builds......"Its optimized for boosted applications" is what he said to me. A tune will be necessary though. Hope this helped. If you want, you should PM him yourself.......if you don't believe me.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
WTF are you doing in the n/a and turbo threads? J/K.

I at least commited to the d16y7 something. I just bought an obd2a_obd1 conversion harness, chipped non vtec obd1ecu and a y8 manifold+2 wire iacv.
in a way im looking out for you cause it seems that your torn. and i have done the same thing by being torn bro. i wasted so much money in the past being indecisive.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in a way im looking out for you cause it seems that your torn. and i have done the same thing by being torn bro. i wasted so much money in the past being indecisive.
I've wasted so much money in the past. I'am selling the pieces from a ls/vtec build I was going to do.

I love my new ej6 though. It is a 1 owner, no accident, virgin car.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
well figure out what you really want and stick to the plan no matter what and be patient. patience well help you not spend so much money or ridiculous things.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
mines been down for almost two yrs because i didnt have the money required to do the turbo built all at once but hey it starts and half ass runs now. its just a matter of time money and finding the right deals. but yeah pick what ya really want to do before u go all gunghoe on this. if u wouldnt feel comfortable with 250-300 or more horse in a fwd might wanna stay na and make it have a lil more pep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts