Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i wanted to see what after market cams you guys are running, and what combo set-up, all motor is really what i'm looking for. Colt cam's profile i saw looked pretty good at 264/264 adv duration int/exh, and .420/.410 valve lift, they said to be their best all around street grind. 3500-6700 rpm's usage. If any of you guys are running these cams what springs retainers are u running? I know i'm new here specailly w/ Dohc Zc, I looked at the post on here about the specs mods, etc didnt see anything mentioned for what springs, are used weather oem they were like the tegs or the civic's. Would like to make sure i have good springs to go with the cam combo. Thanks.

· Registered
1991 Honda CRX
4,252 Posts
You can get yourself some Delta cams, they are only $147.00 for both cams to be regind thanks to their group buy (look under the for sale section). You can get a 272 or a 282, they will work great for your NA setup. On the 272 Delta said you can use stock valvetrain (I would recommend upgrading anyway), but the 282 buy some Bisi or Supertech valve springs and retainers. I've actually never seen anybody using Colt cams, so I have no experience with them.

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get yourself some Delta cams, they are only $147.00 for both cams to be regind thanks to their group buy (look under the for sale section). You can get a 272 or a 282, they will work great for your NA setup. On the 272 Delta said you can use stock valvetrain (I would recommend upgrading anyway), but the 282 buy some Bisi or Supertech valve springs and retainers. I've actually never seen anybody using Colt cams, so I have no experience with them.

Ok, cool thanks for the info, i'll go with them then, 272 is pretty good duration in itself. i'll upgrade springs and all as well. now know what types to get. Yea i saw the colt site but haven't seen anybody speak of them.

· Classic Man
Civic
23,667 Posts
the good thing about colt cams that you wont find anywhere else is tri-flow technology.

give Geoff a call at colt cams and talk with him. they make excellent cams and back them up with a 5 year warranty.

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the good thing about colt cams that you wont find anywhere else is tri-flow technology.

give Geoff a call at colt cams and talk with him. they make excellent cams and back them up with a 5 year warranty.
ok yea i was just looking at their cam specs didn't know about the tri flow tech. i'll have to give him a call, thanks. My goal is to get a good set-up to beat up on my buddies b16 ef sedan..his specs aren't spectacular vs the Zc, he motor is bone stock other then the light flywheel, and ys1 lsd tranny. should be quiet fun building this Zc up. thanks for the info, i wasn't aware...pretty cool stuff learning a ton so far about the Zc, new surprise around every corner.

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just called them and they are at SEMA but they will be back soon.
The generic 272 grinds aren't a huge upgrade from stock, considering that the DOHC ZC has the largest cams of all the D engines.

danz: yea i figured they might be up that way. i'll think i will go with their services.

The_Acid_Beaver: yea wow did not know this, thanks for incite on that, they have "strong track cams 4000-8000rpm" then above that "Tri Flow Technology" cam specs.

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my friend Eli was the tester for the DOHC ZC cams and i recall him running 13s with his NA DOHC ZC in his ED.
wow thats awesome you know what he had done?

· Classic Man
Civic
23,667 Posts
They do domestic too? Thats pretty cool! Im going to need four cams for my Ford 4.6L DOHC project :)
they do just about everything. their bread and butter right now is Cummins diesel cams and cams for the VW diesels.

:bigok:

· Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much does colt charge for cams? Just to get an idea.
their doing sema right now, but this their number, i messaged them through their as i'm not really in a rush to get cam this very sec. 604-856-3571

· Premium Member
Honda City
3,461 Posts
hmm fancy name for sure, we have been doing that also with a degree or two more duration on lead lobe. We have actually found some better results with "Trick" valve cuts that also run the air flow better, and porting.
More info please. And please PM me if you have anything like this available for the D series heads right now. Interesting...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts