Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says i just put in a second battery and was wanting some advise/ things to look out for, or how/ where you put yours in. i put my second one in the trunk and the other one in the stock location. thank you

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Did you put an isolator in to keep them separated?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm running a bat up front, and a kinetic cell in the trunk. No isolator, works great, I've got a voltage gauge running off the cell. (I know it's reading total voltage but whatever)

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
No need for an isolator or a relay. I ditched mine years ago for that extra .2 volts haha. I'm running 5 count them, 5 batteries! All parallel.

I would advise you add another fuse holder off the rear battery and here is why. When you add a battery in the rear, that power cable from the rear to the front is LIVE. If a short occurs between the back battery to the front, yes the -->front<--- fuse will blow but the entire length of the wire is still live with current until something gives. Either the wire melts and burns, or your car does. Heres how it should be done:

*warning leet pchop skillz*

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
No it helps your alternator. Instead of one battery getting killed by your stereo, its now just "sipping" voltage from two. The alternator has more of a cushion rather than sudden bursts of having to work its ass off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No need for an isolator or a relay. I ditched mine years ago for that extra .2 volts haha. I'm running 5 count them, 5 batteries! All parallel.

I would advise you add another fuse holder off the rear battery and here is why. When you add a battery in the rear, that power cable from the rear to the front is LIVE. If a short occurs between the back battery to the front, yes the -->front<--- fuse will blow but the entire length of the wire is still live with current until something gives. Either the wire melts and burns, or your car does. Heres how it should be done:

Ok five batteries?! Do you have pics somewhere on the forum you could show?

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
You could probably do some digging in this section.

It's a rather.... elaborate setup to say the least :lol:

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Hmm I searched but come to think of it, I have no pics of my battery setup. I will have to get some. There's 4 Kinetic 1800's behind the amp/changer flip up "door" and one Kinetic 1400 up front in the stock location. 250lbs of batteries. BTW I ran an 8.81 in the 1/8 mile on slicks with all this shit in there for fun. I'm guessing somewhere in the 3300-3500lb range.

The door is hinged in the middle for easy access.

This is what they power.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
Well, you were right on the size, 7" MTX RFL Circa '96 the tweets are old school Kicker soft domes.
I was also right on the 7" maker

Mitek Corp. = MTX

I know, I was asked to work from them in late 1997 @ IASCA Finals

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
damn bizzar...how many freakin keyboards you got in there?(i know, all that and i notice the computer...what can i say i'm a computer geek:lol:)

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Are there any good diagrams or pics to hook-up and run the extra wireing to the rea for the extra? What about a list of stuff needed?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
OK I've seen stuff like that in SUVs before but I never thought I'd see it in a rex. Damn!
It's not a rex, it's a 92-95 hatch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts