Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Don't. The best thing you can do is bring it to an exhaust shop and tell them you want a turbo muffler and they will weld one in place that has the proper offset and size piping so you won't have to hassle fitting a 3" muffler on the 2.25" pipe and worry about exhaust hangers and shit.

This may better suit you

Exhaust Muffler Super Turbo Dynomax 17686 Fits 92 95 Honda Civic | eBay

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I would be inclined to see if a local exhaust shop had a used name brand for cheap before investing in a generic or questionable quality. The muffler you asked about looks kind of cool, but one has to question how long it will last and how well it will work...

But then I am also the resident anti-ebay no name guy fwiw

** I'd be inclined to pony up the little bit of extra money for the Dynomax Beerdrinkin just linked you to

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Lol, that is EXACTLY what I did to the used Magnaflow I had installed on my car a few years back, and guess what? Still looks good....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for the input guys.
I have used Thrush Turbo mufflers in the past on many customer VW and Subaru's with great success.
This car is the shop parts car and has logo's on the side of it sit I was hoping for a bit of flash ;)
I have ran the same muffler on many e30's but those are inline 6 motors and the muffler was a dual tip.
Great gains and drone was meager but still there.
Regardless one did not have to yell at the homie next to you to have a conversation . LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well at $44 I bought it. Wont cost me anything in welding as Ill do it at my shop.
So .... we will see .
Dont like it , Ill just cut it off and weld on a $31 Thrush turbo from autozone.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Pony up the $30 more, and get the flowmaster at least, mine sounds good from idle(quiet) to WOT (loud not raspy), it sounds weird in the middle sometimes though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have used Flowmasters before and personally do not like there sound . More of a muscle car sound to me .
Worked on a 95 e36 decently , but I could have used anything on those dual pipe setups .

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts