Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 Civic sedan LX auto, and want to pull my 90 hatch. It's completely stripped so it's decently light but I'm really wondering how my tranny would hold up to pulling it. There is a decent hill on the way home from the track but pretty flat the rest of the way. Anyone with an opinion on things that might not hold up tell me.

It's because I don't want to keep asking friends to borrow their truck every time I want to go to the track.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
So I have a 98 Civic sedan LX auto, and want to pull my 90 hatch. It's completely stripped so it's decently light but I'm really wondering how my tranny would hold up to pulling it. There is a decent hill on the way home from the track but pretty flat the rest of the way. Anyone with an opinion on things that might not hold up tell me.

It's because I don't want to keep asking friends to borrow their truck every time I want to go to the track.
make sure to post up a vid so i can watch this! lol

so are you pulling it on a trailor??

if my work truck (94 s10 with a 2.2L I4) can pull a 19ft trailor (2000lbs) WITH a load of material (roughly 2k or 3k lbs) i think you can do it. just remember when pulling something stay in lower gears at all times and shift at much higher rpms (i.e. 4 to 5k) or wait.....shit this is an auto.....try the whole 1 2 3 D thing and see if it works just pulling it down your street.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
i dunno man thats a tough call....you gotta think...your car is made to hold what 4 or 5 people each weighing about 200lbs thats 1k lbs....its too much strain on the motor imho

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
My homie does it in his Turbo B16 EG8

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
back in the day i towed my homies stang with my boxy sentra lol and it was only running on 3 cylinders cuz the oil pump went out in it had no compression and towed him about 10 miles in vegas! lol

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
do it ! and post pics !

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's something like this.

My grandpa currently has it on his Civic but he said I could have it for helping him with some stuff. It was on there when he got his car and he's never pulled anything with it. And I would hook a tow bar up to it. Like so

I might try pulling it down my street and see how it does, vids will come.

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
well just do it and when you blow...or....if you blow your engine or tans up then that gives you a good excuse to put a manual trans and new engine in it......and make with the vids!

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
I pull a golf cart in my em1 in the summer and my crx during race season

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pull a golf cart in my em1 in the summer and my crx during race season
I'm guessing it held up and is still doing ok?

Guess I'll go pick up the hitch tomorrow and get it on, going to the track Friday, pics and/or vids will go up after.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Held fine, it's got a uhaul hitch on it
Make sure you don't take any hills lol

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well like I say there's one decent one right outside the gates of my track. I'm thinking either get a good running start or drive my hatch up the hill then hook it up. I guess we'll see.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts