Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
hondajosh said:
I have an OBD1 DOHC ZC, Im curious to know if they are any aftermarket carb kits out there for it and what is involved from swapping from the EFI on a ZC to carbbing it? I know its going backwards, but it would be pretty cool...
Why not individual throttle body it and stay fuel injected?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Use the CArbs off the SOHC ZC, should pop right on.
They are both the 1590cc, specs are similar.

Not sure if the intake manifold is the same as SOHC , if it is then you can just literally move it over and it should work.

R

·
0 Posts
i dont think the sohc and the dohc motors have the same bolt pattern. if i remember right the sohc zc has the same casting codes as the d16a6 and the zc head is the same as the d16a1. i have a sohc im at my shop, and it WILL NOT BOLT to the d16a1 head.

as for the efi to carb swap, your going to have fun. your best bet would be to grab a 86-87 browntop d16a1/zc head. they have vacume advance dizzy, that you dont need a ecu to control. if you do this you can just run one wire to the coil and volia. just cut away all the pgmfi wireing other than the sensors that go to the gauges. or just leave the wireing and let the EFI light glare you down

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
an sohc manifold doesnt fit on an dohc d16

·
Registered
69 Posts
fuel injection should be way easier to tune, i think... some experience with dual webber carbs on a porsche 914 2.0L. it sucks to make it run right and always making adjustments to it...

R

·
0 Posts
LONESTARstateCIVIC said:
fuel injection should be way easier to tune, i think... some experience with dual webber carbs on a porsche 914 2.0L. it sucks to make it run right and always making adjustments to it...

true. the best there good for is non-stop WOT and there not to great at that either, because simply they work off of a vacume. in order to have a vacume, there must be a restriction. a restriction of air means less fuel and less hp.

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts