Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^-- Topic:

My fiance and I have been talking alot about relocating from Maine in the u.s to Ontario lately. I was wondering if there were any members of the DSO community that lives in or around there that would be interested in helping us transition and gather info on how to go about getting a visa and bcomming a citzen of canada? The specific area we would be looking at is the Whitby area as she lived there several years ago and really loved it. I've been to several places in canada and liked them all. The people are all mostly pleasant and the quality of life there is a thousand times better than anywhere in the united states.

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 401 sucks, esp towards Toronto.

She mentioned Whitby and Oshua. Not sure the distance to Toronto. I love america an all but I'm so sick of our currupt govnerment officials. No matter where you are on the totem pole of society your still just a source of income to them. Were just pawns to them

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I know an automotive journalist lives out that way, he writes for autonet and other magazines, so if you see a high end car, it might be him, LOL!

http://www.autonet.ca/en/author/brian-makse

The QEW/18 down by Hamilton and St Cath = Canadian Autobahn :)

Other than getting stuck on 401 heading west into Toronto at 2 pm on a weekday, I'd move there....or to the other wet/west coast. One day I WILL go back to Canada, might stay a bit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I strongly suggest you seek your information from Immigration Canada. Stipulations are quite extensive, and if you have ANY record at all including DUI's and don't have a pardon, well, even then....I doubt they'll let you in. I lived in Ottawa for almost 2 decades, along with other provinces, loved it. If you have a required skill set, and are licensed for it that may help you. It's quite an extensive process. Hope you have lots of cash in the bank, and can prove it. Since you are coming from the States you can forget refugee status...LOL.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I also live in Canada, but in Quebecistan, everything is backwards here so I can't really help you with your move.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
I moved from Prescott, Ontario population 5,600 to Brampton,Ontario population 560,000 In July 2013. The car scene is great every Thurdsay Ertefa holds a giant 1000+ car meet at the Canadian Tire in Woodbridge. Whitby is nice, my buddy Josh lives there. I personally hate the GTA and am moving back when my contract is done. So I'm really excited for August 1st. There are jobs, lots of them. Just not in Brampton. Brampton is filled with excuse my French/Italian "Terrorists". They own everything, employ only there family and buy all the fucking milk at the store. They speak fast and mumble so you don't understand them and they stage accidents so they can claim money from the government that my taxes pay for.

If you move to the GTA, live on the outskirts and drive too the city to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts