Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a guy local that has a few Honda motors for sale one that am picking up is an extra A6 for a slight buildup. He also posted that he had a 2.2 DOHC motor, figured it could have been a H22 so I requested pics.

Maybe an LS or B20? I can't tell from the pics but I am a noob, so maybe someone else knows and this guy just thinks its a 2.2. I asked him if you could grab the code off it but he only sent me the VIN which doesn't match on carfax, says its can't be found.

Hopefully someone knows

Here is what he sent me:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
looks to me to be a usdm h23 non vtec... OR maybe its one of the older 90-91 si prelude b20 motors.. i havent seen one of those for a long time so i forgot what they look like.. it might be one of those.. if it is.. stay away from it.. nothing useful out of the old prelude b20's cant put them in anything but a prelude

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
Maybe an LS or B20?me:
No and partially correct.

It's a b series, but it's nothing useful.
It looks to be a motor from a 3rd gen 88-91 Prelude Si.
They are over all useless. They are the bastard of the B series. Parts do not interchange with the later b series motors, there is hardly an aftermarket for them, nor does anyone really use them. Even 3rd gen Prelude owners swap them out for h series motors.:)

·
Registered
639 Posts
it is the jdm f22.. Replacement for the usdm h23

edit: sorry.. The cap looks like the 2.05l prelude one.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Its a b21a1 prelude si engine. Leave it there, it had no aftermarket parts and the prototype sleeves eat piston rings.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
looks like a B20A (utterly useless)

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts