Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Majestic Honda page shows two types of intake and exhaust valve seals. One type is noted ARAI, and the other is noted NOK.

Does anyone know what those two designations stand for?

I'm asking because after my recent head rebuild ('91 CRX Si D16A6) my car smokes oil like a chimney, and it appears that the brand new valve seals don't seal very well. (I bought the ARAI)

-Des!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
those are the suppliers names, I thought you can't get the ARAI's anymore.

I just bought a whole upper gasket kit for $51 shipped off ebay, looks like all OEM parts just repacked.

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, in other words it's extremely unlikely that that's the source of my oil consumption?

I ordered the ARAI's and the shipping label had their part number, so apparently they're available. Oh well, I'll see if the NOK's look any different.

-Des!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just bought a whole upper gasket kit for $51 shipped off ebay, looks like all OEM parts just repacked.
My cheap ebay ones seem to work pretty good though I did use an OEM head gasket.

·
Registered
721 Posts
maybe you didn't get the seals to clip allthe way down...its extremely unlikely your valve seals are the culprit for the oil burning unless they aren't in all the way, was your head surfaces clean before the new head gasket went on?? I re-did my brothers mazda b2200 head gasket a while back, and whoever did the head before I did didn't clean all the old gasket off, and it was suckin oil right fromthe oil jet, smokin like crazy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts