Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit of research, I've not been able to figure out what the characters/symbols in the pic below mean :

I managed to source an OS Giken LSD loaded into an IS350 (my current DD) carrier and would like to see if anyone knows what was painted on this thing. The previous owner said he was sponsored by OSG and OS Giken Japan did the install and shipped it back over to the states for him. Previous owner installed the whole thing, but never used it in competition and said he had only 30 minutes into it and 1 burnout. LOL!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would guess those numbers have to do with shims and thrust clearances....
Yeah, that was my guess; but waiting on OS Giken themselves to see if they can figure it all out. I popped open the diff cover today and took these :

After additional research, and thanks to a well-written article about tuning an OS Giken, I see that there are different pre-load "cones" and springs that can be used in these things. I'm just curious if there was anything above and beyond the "normal" that was done to this diff that I should know about. This wasn't exactly a cheap build by no means!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, guess I won't have to worry about what it says any more...cuz I sold it. Fun while it lasted!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
it say: JDM mad tyte y0. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts