Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 DX with DC headers, but header have place only for one O2 sensor. Does anyone know how to build O2 simulators that would like to share.

Thanks...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if you have any electronics experience, then think about this:

o2 sensors (not wideband) generate a voltage from 0 - 1V. I forgot which side was lean/rich but 0.5 Volts is stoichiometry which the ecu is always trying to acheive. You could try building something simple that puts out 0.5 V at low current and see if that works.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rexinre said:
Your primary O2 goes in the header...

the 2ndary O2 goes after your cat. There should be a hole for it around the car area under the car.
the first one goes on top of the headers, and second one goes behind cat which is connected just below the header. But for now i'm just buy that dummy simulator for the second one.

i found this, i think this will work.
http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/products/electrical/prod_o2_simulator.htm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
makku said:
if you have any electronics experience, then think about this:

o2 sensors (not wideband) generate a voltage from 0 - 1V. I forgot which side was lean/rich but 0.5 Volts is stoichiometry which the ecu is always trying to acheive. You could try building something simple that puts out 0.5 V at low current and see if that works.
Thank you for the info i'll do some playing around and see what i come up with. (0.5 Volts key information) i'll go get some resistors and see what i can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts