Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
acetylene torch
Used a acetylene torch to get the pilot bearing out of the flywheel in my porsche 924 (Never own a Porsche/Audi/VW) and used it to take the exhaust manifold bolts of a 302 and a 305. So I am with Ryan.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
i undid the bracket from the block and bashed the pivot bolt out with a hammer. this was after loosening it up some when it was still on the block too, by using a pry bar to get it to pivot and loosen it up some. I broke the bushing on one end though, but was able to weld it back together and went from there.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
use some pb blaster then go have a beer, come back and get a block of wood for leverage or just get a cheater bar. bust that bitch out. "whooooos the Bitch noooooooooow!?" gl

·
Banned
998 Posts
pb blaster is the bomb i couldnt get a 02 sensor out no matter what i tried i sprayed it real good with some pb blaster came back in the morning and it came right out with easy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
loosen bolts.. remove upper bolt.. work the alternator back and forth.. tap the end of the bolt to expose the square head.. use a wrench between thehead and the alt. bracket.. wrench the alt and pry with the wrnch in hand..

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Like everybody said...spray that shit with nut buster and crank on it with a big ol' pry bar or hit if with an acetylene torch.

·
Registered
455 Posts
damn i have the same problem, i had to work the alt back and forth so hard i broke fins,.. well it was busted before i started so i just beat the shit out of it with a crowbar and sledgehammer and sprayed literally half a can of pb into every nook and cranny but i still couldn't bust it loose -_-

that was before i left for school now im back and the best plan i have is to wait till the temp drops wayyy below freezing, torch it till it glows then spray it till it cools and whang it with some shit but i have this bad feeling that it won't be enough.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
pb blaster, slightly tap of a hammer, and a little bit of elbow grease with a wrench and it will come loose pretty easily

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
damn i have the same problem, i had to work the alt back and forth so hard i broke fins,.. well it was busted before i started so i just beat the shit out of it with a crowbar and sledgehammer and sprayed literally half a can of pb into every nook and cranny but i still couldn't bust it loose -_-

that was before i left for school now im back and the best plan i have is to wait till the temp drops wayyy below freezing, torch it till it glows then spray it till it cools and whang it with some shit but i have this bad feeling that it won't be enough.
you won't need to spray it, as long as you just heat up the area around the bolt. not the bolt, with it being under freezing, with the bracket red hot, their is definitely enough of a temperature difference to allow it to come out without too much struggle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts