Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry i know its not a D or a honda engine for that matter , but my GFs car is really acting up and i thought maybe someone could help. Well the car is a 2000 Toyota Celica GT with a 1ZZFE enigne , auto trans. well the problem is the car threw a misfire code a few weeks ago, so she tells me the CEL is on so i checked the codes at auto zone and it say misfire #3, i just put never iridium NGK plugs in it about 20K miles ago the milage on the car is now 93K, i thought the cause of the problem might have been a bad tank of gas , but it hasnt misfired again since i cleared the code from the ECU. I ordered a new coil pack for cyl number 3 that i havent replaced yet , would it be the same as the honda engine like cyl #1 is closest to the crank pulley ? also i have noticed the car idles pretty rough , like in the morning when the engine is still kinda cold and i stop at a stop sign in kinda chugs a little bit. any help or info would be greatly appreciated !

H.E.A.R.T

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
might wanna check the wires too. the rough idle is probably because it's not firing correctly(or enough).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts