Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the site but I'd like to contribute in some way. I'm a professional body tech, and while I'm not the best I think I could help out some questions if anyone has them.

Would anyone be interested?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Sure. I'm sure we'd all be interested in taking on a dent removal or bumper/panel respray project.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yes indeedy doody, I have some clean up so any DIY will help me learn.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm taking some pictures of a BMW bumper repair. It has some dents and gouges in it. I'll post them up tonight if I have time.

As for sheet metal, I'll definitely take pictures of a job. We don't get a lot of rust repair but I do a lot of quarter replacement, doorskins, rear body panels, and of course dents.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And you don't exactly need a plastic welder if you want to repair a rip in a bumper. If I get one that has a tear in it I'll take some pictures of the repair process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Depends on if you like the way an OEM one fits. I sure do but I'm a picky SOB lol I'd rather repair an OEM one any day.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
what about doors rust repair in the bottom of the doors, where the channels for water?

Get a used door with no rust and use cavity wax.

Seriously though its just a matter of cutting out the affected areas and welding a new piece in, grinding, using body filler, primer,sealer, paint, etc... Its the fundamentals of body work.

Even if someone told you the steps there is a lot of skill involved. Im shaving my engine bay right now. Ive worked at a body shop for long enough but i still find it difficult. You could have all the tools, materials, and people with experience to guide you but it comes down to skill. Need lots of practice.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts