Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I can either put brighter bulbs in the sockets, or I'm putting rally lights on the back of my car. I cannot see anything when I'm backing up at night.

I dont have spare trunk lights to play around with, and I figure it would look much nicer with HIDs or something brighter than the stock bulbs in there. Verus rally lights sitting in cutouts in my rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Single LED bulbs, will help some but lenses are not clear so will only help a little.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
X2, LED works really good for reverse light....not all are created equal, shop around for good ones

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
x2 on the leds. I have some on my car I've had for 3 years and no problem. I think mine are 64 led and that's almost touching the tail light lens lol its like having headlights on the back.

Edit: look up Sylvania bulb guide and put in your model and they have all bulb sizes on the car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Single LED bulbs, will help some but lenses are not clear so will only help a little.
I dont have any experience with the aftermarket tail lights for the 5th Gen coupe/sedans, do you think those lenses would be better? I was thinking about getting 50 / 50s but I wasn't seeing red top / clear bottom when I looked a while ago.

I'm gonna get the LED replacements for my tail lights and see if that helps. I have thick black tint to fight against too, I really have to figure something out. I gotta get out of my car to check before I back up, I dont wanna run anyone over.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I find that the normal led bulbs weren't that great, upgrading to CREE LEDs was a major improvement, the globe is like a projector led which is super bright.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find that the normal led bulbs weren't that great, upgrading to CREE LEDs was a major improvement, the globe is like a projector led which is super bright.
Thanks for the brand advice, I'll have to try them out. I have rally lights somewhere, they're probably in a box under a million other boxes tho. I really don't want to dig them out. I got a spare bumper cover too so I dont really mind needing to do it. But it will look goofy, and I don't want to have to find those rally lights because I know I won't be able to, I know I'm gonna buy an even better set, and then find the ones I already own like the next day.

I do kind of want do the rally lights, or atleast wire the reverse lights separately, so I can blind people who have their HIDs on while they're tailgating me

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I get it done I'll post the difference between OEM replacement and these LEDs, thru my tint. If I remember that I made this thread lol

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it though. Wait I've got a better one..

"guys, guys, what do I do? My oil pan got shredded on a little bump in the road. I dont want to raise my car up though"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.