Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My idle drops below 500rpm (& vibrating the engine) when i switch on the a/c from a cold start (1 minute warm up)
As i run the engine a few kms (or has run for 20 mins), reaching std operating temp, the idle gradually starts to stabilize.

So far i've tried cleaning the IACV with cyclo intake cleaner & blowing light compressed air through the passages. (i even supplied power & ground to the terminals to open the valve while doing so.) the idle still drops with a/c from cold. idle seems to be ok when a/c is not used.

I even did general cleaning on the a/c system, replacing expansion valve, filter drier, the compressor, oils, o-rings refrigerant, vacuumed the lines, cleaned evaporator, etc. - same thing.

I havent tried adjusting the hex screw on the IACV's side..(should i already?)

Short of replacing the IACV, has anyone tried any better approach in cleaning / repairing theirs with the same problem? I tried on 4 different used IACVs but they're no better.

Where else can i check? valve clearances? i adjusted mine to factory specs already..

still hoping for a miracle cure before i give up and surrender to a new one LOL!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
mine was messing up too, I cleaned it ect. just remeber to adjust it once its back on

www.redpepperracing.com for a maul and how to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts