Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to get this turbo kit? its going on my daily driven z6 and i was wondering what your opinions are.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no experiance with this kit, but I am guessing it's expensive.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rev hard kit is a good complete kit. they have alot of potential. I personally know someone that used an off the shelf kit, tuned it with a DFI and was hitting mid 11s on a stock y8 motor in an EK body.

If the RH kit is a bit too much for you, an equally good kit is the DRAG kits. price is decent on those kits. we usually sell them for $2695

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
it uses a T3/T04E turbo ... and its stock boost is 7psi ... yes its streetable ... and $2695 is a good price ... I havent seen any of them cheaper than $2999 , until now ...

Contents --

- Rev Hard Cast Iron or Tubular Manifold
- Rev Hard T3/T04E Turbo (good up to 450HP)
- Rev Hard Intercooler 28" x 6.5" x 3"
- Turbo Smart 7psi.
- Vortech Blow Off Valve
- 2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
- 2.5" Downpipe
- Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
- High Volume Fuel Pump
- Silicone Hoses & Clamps
- Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

you get all of this for $2700 bucks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are decent kits, but to me there is a bit more lower end lag than with other kits using smaller turbos. if your not going to be running 14+ lbs of boost int he next yr, then why not get a kit tahtw ill offer better overall responce for you? the new greddy kits, or some others ovver slammer turbos that spool much faster and can support 250-300 wheel power depending on kits and types. I think over all you might be a bit happier as I haev always considered (dispite what rh tries to sell you on) the RH kits a mid class kit. for those who have delt with turbo systems before and have some work done to the motor such as at least rods pistons and are looking for that 300-400 wheel power mark.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Way over priced you could get a custom kit done for the same price as a revhard. Just my 2 cents I hate anything that takes more money to fix and run right than to but the right parts and have it made to fit.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a question about the Drag kits, are they Street Legal, and also can you use your stock A/C and radiator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts