Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these ads on the side of highways, bus stops, etc..

Im wondering if/how this actually works. How do they erase things on ones credit report?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I read a book a while ago explaining some of the steps.

You can send request of proof letters to all of your debtors.
- They then have so long to respond or it is dropped.

They also look at the statue of limitations on certain debt and request to have old items removed.

Other then that not sure how they can just remove things from your report.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
^What he said

I've heard of ways to lower your credit fast...

But, most things that say they will do miraculously things fast usually tend to be scams IMO.

I think these companies basically just send out letters you could just send out yourself... so pay someone or do it yourself....

Curious to see what others have to say..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Contest your credit report though all three companies, etc.

All my old debt (seven years is the limit) has dropped off. Only thing left on my report right now is a judgement from 2009 for under $500.

Since I have no credit cards, my score is low 600's...but I don't use credit anymore. The only thing it effects is my car insurance and I haven't needed it for a year.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
no but my friend use to work for a big name one.
He said that they dont do anything. IF you have stuff that is old like 5 to 7yrs old most of it will fall off. Other stuff they just call and ask for it to be removed.

But if you owe a lot of money then the only way is to pay it.

I used credit karma to keep track of mines and then by law you can get your full report for free once a year. I dont remember the site for it but if you google "free credit report year" it should come up.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
no but my friend use to work for a big name one.
He said that they dont do anything. IF you have stuff that is old like 5 to 7yrs old most of it will fall off. Other stuff they just call and ask for it to be removed.

But if you owe a lot of money then the only way is to pay it.

I used credit karma to keep track of mines and then by law you can get your full report for free once a year. I dont remember the site for it but if you google "free credit report year" it should come up.
You DO NOT want the "free credit report" website. That is a pay website that WILL bill you monthly....

The correct one allows you one report from each of the three a year. Best to check every 4-5 months and keep them in rotoation.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

I also have Credit Karma, how I just got the "618" number...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well heres the thing.. I got screwed over by a bank in feb 2007.. so I figured it would be gone.. well these mutherfuckers updated the charge to I think dec of last year. So now it shows up even tho its been 7+ yrs since they fuck3d me over and decided to hit my credit.

Now im like you bone. I dont want credit, dont need credit. Im happy paying for my shit with cash.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
How did they update it? If they filed a lawsuit and judgement was rendered, you have a new starting date.

November 2004 is when I said to hell with ever having credit again. Lost job and with that info two credit cards started RAPING me with the interest increase so high loan sharks felt sorry for me.

I have two debit cards and IF I ever get into a bind, cheap and easy way to transfer money, Paypal Cash card. Mom or my son can get the card for a 3.95 fee and add money with ease. I get 1% cash back so if atleast $400 is added, no fees paid in the end.

"Cash is King"

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk. I havent looked into it. I havent needed credit since 2007 when this incident happened and dont plan on it.

All these credit commercials are funny. I guess if you have a shit ton of money then credit is your friend. But for the paycheck to.paycheck type like me. Im not interested.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
You DO NOT want the "free credit report" website. That is a pay website that WILL bill you monthly....

The correct one allows you one report from each of the three a year. Best to check every 4-5 months and keep them in rotoation.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

I also have Credit Karma, how I just got the "618" number...
Yea thats the one I am talking about and my credit karma is 696. I have been staying on top of my credit. I should have a 700 by next yr.

But the trick is to pay more then the minimum even if its a $1 and pay on time or ahead of time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Without my medical debt I have a 750 score. With the medical debt, two xrays that the hospital fucked up taking my insurance, so they charged me $500 instead of $5.00. Now its 725 according to that dumb credit karma site.

Good credit is easy, charge alot on credit cards and pay almost all of it back. Not all of it, not minimum payments. Almost all of it, so they can charge you a little interest.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Without my medical debt I have a 750 score. With the medical debt, two xrays that the hospital fucked up taking my insurance, so they charged me $500 instead of $5.00. Now its 725 according to that dumb credit karma site.

Good credit is easy, charge alot on credit cards and pay almost all of it back. Not all of it, not minimum payments. Almost all of it, so they can charge you a little interest.
Funny....I have never in my life paid interest from a credit card and my score is definitely much higher than yours. Also good credit is not as easy as you make it seem.

There are different kinds of credit. Revolving credit, ie credit cards, and installment credit, ie loans. Both type effect your credit score differently. Also Open credit.

Long story short, never used one of the credit help places, and as bones said, that is the best site for getting your credit reports.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I dont know anything about bank loans/mortgages besides that they suck. If I needed a loan I would come up with a loan agreement with a benefactor rather than a bank.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I see these ads on the side of highways, bus stops, etc..

Im wondering if/how this actually works. How do they erase things on ones credit report?
im almost positive your just paying a middleman to call your credit card/loan company and asking them to knock off old credit. bank of america screwed me when i was under 18, kind of my fault being young and dumb but it would take like 5-7 days for something to post to my account and i overdrafted. they then kept charging a $35 fee every day i was negative, it started as a 3 dollar overdraft then went to $40 then became $275 in about a week, they had the nerve to send it to collections.

i paid collections a year or so later but once that is on your credit its supposed to stay 7 years, i went onto my fcr.com (freecreditreport.com) account and disputed the negative on my credit and they wiped it in like 2 weeks.long story short either pay it off if you have not already then dipute it, or just dispute it, either way it should come off if its over 7 years old

whether you use your credit cards or not just having them open with nothing due helps your credit, more than one account helps, length of accounts age also helps.

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Well heres the thing.. I got screwed over by a bank in feb 2007.. so I figured it would be gone.. well these mutherfuckers updated the charge to I think dec of last year. So now it shows up even tho its been 7+ yrs since they fuck3d me over and decided to hit my credit.

Now im like you bone. I dont want credit, dont need credit. Im happy paying for my shit with cash.

Doesn't sound like you need a credit repair sounds like you need a lawyer?....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
After experimenting with our cards in my finance class we decided that the most effective way to raise your score and raise your credit limits is by letting the card companies make a little bit of money off you by interest.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I dont know anything about bank loans/mortgages besides that they suck. If I needed a loan I would come up with a loan agreement with a benefactor rather than a bank.
yeah, who wants to own a house anyway :3dtard:

·
Registered
359 Posts
You dont own a house anyway, you rent house and the land its on from the government.

I dont need no stinkin bank for a loan, I'd rather continue doing loans with individuals. I would rather see upstanding members of my community profit from their investment in me or my business rather than faceless businesses which will stash the money in Switzerland Luxembourg or some island somewhere in the pacific

1 - 20 of 30 Posts