Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm troubleshooting electrical gremlins, I decided to look at the ELD signal and I noticed this dithering in the signal... it doesn't appear to be connected to anything switching on or off, and it happens at low loads when cruising around. It's the black trace with the almost square wave signal in the snip.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Maybe the radiator fan? You won't be able to check that directly by comparing with the FANC output because most of the time, the fan is triggered independently of the ECU by the thermoswitch.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not attached to any of the accesories turning on or off, those will show as big step changes (as expected) and these little ~.5s pulses will remain, intermittently.

Looking back through logs all the way back to 2012, it seems that it's always done it to varying degrees, so I'm not sure I'm terribly concerned, just mainly curious.

I'm currently chasing other electrical gremlins currently, heading out to the garage in a few to put in a brand new alternator, I suspicious of the voltage regulator on one in the car now but don't think that's the only thing going on.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's kind of funny in hindsight, I was having the hardest time duplicating it but it was in every log of just driving around... Part throttle/low load from a stop, seemingly intermittent short bursts of it on the highway, never on pulls or at wot...

I even showed it to a coworker, thinking about it though most of them have never tuned on anything that has lights or signals!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts