Honda D Series Forum banner

Anyone Ever Done a Climate Control Swap?

10K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Printz 
#1 ·
Hey everyone me again..

My CRX climate control isn't going to cut it for much longer so I am looking to swap in something more durable and functional. I know it owuld easier to grab another one and swap it in but they always break, and it's always teh same switches that break too. So what is a good climate control that isn't too difficult to swap in, any ideas?

#2 ·
I have the cable climate controls out of a EF Civic hatchback. Compared to my friend's CRX Si, it was different than what he had. It was easy enough to install since my car had no climate controls/HVAC stuffs to begin with.

Good luck!

#3 ·
i have a cd that shows step by step what you need to for for a EJ civic...

#4 ·
nevermind, disregard this...haaaa i didnt read the whole thing at first... sorry

#5 ·
90-93 Accord climate swap. easy and looks factory. i just gave sold ryan my swap:beer:

#6 ·
I've heard about that. Do the Accord ones work well? One guy mentioned they break down sometimes.

#13 ·
do the accord ones plug right in to the factory plugs of a crx?

#14 ·
the fan plug does sorta but you will get a dead spot on the fan speed. the Accord has 5 settings, while the CRX has 4.

i fixed this by wiring the Accord plug into the CRX one. then wired 2 of the lowest fan speeds together so there is always a speed in the "on" position.

but the door control has to be modifed. either cut and solder the accord plug into the CRX dash, or make a conversion harness like i did. i might roll around and do the write up on this as i was way too lazy last time:beer:

#15 ·
^^^hell yea.

#16 ·
the knobs in my 90 Accord are fine,. and the climate control in my 88 STD(the ones in my 88 CRXs broke). I'm planning on doing a EG climate control swap on the STD, i like the slide-switches vs. the knobs.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.