Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone me again..

My CRX climate control isn't going to cut it for much longer so I am looking to swap in something more durable and functional. I know it owuld easier to grab another one and swap it in but they always break, and it's always teh same switches that break too. So what is a good climate control that isn't too difficult to swap in, any ideas?

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic EX-T
230 Posts
I have the cable climate controls out of a EF Civic hatchback. Compared to my friend's CRX Si, it was different than what he had. It was easy enough to install since my car had no climate controls/HVAC stuffs to begin with.

Good luck!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i have a cd that shows step by step what you need to for for a EJ civic...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i have a cd that shows step by step what you need to for for a EJ civic...
nevermind, disregard this...haaaa i didnt read the whole thing at first... sorry

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
90-93 Accord climate swap. easy and looks factory. i just gave sold ryan my swap:beer:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
90-93 Accord climate swap. easy and looks factory. i just gave sold ryan my swap:beer:
I've heard about that. Do the Accord ones work well? One guy mentioned they break down sometimes.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
I've heard about that. Do the Accord ones work well? One guy mentioned they break down sometimes.
supposedly the knobs are prone to breaking. i dont see how though, i have a 92 Accord also and it hasnt started to break. they sell replacement knobs for them for dirt anyways, brand new from the factory.

i LOVED the way it looked in my car.:beer:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THat is pretty sweet looking man. What all is required to put it in?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
my 95 accord wagon knobs used to break OFTEN, i finally took a real small hose clamp and tightened it on the back of the knob, the bottom of the shaft that slips over the metal rod... the hose clamp worked great, never broke again...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my 95 accord wagon knobs used to break OFTEN, i finally took a real small hose clamp and tightened it on the back of the knob, the bottom of the shaft that slips over the metal rod... the hose clamp worked great, never broke again...

That is some sweet info, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys.

Time to get an accord clime control.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
supposedly the knobs are prone to breaking.

i LOVED the way it looked in my car.:beer:
i had a 91 accord. the knobs loved to break. it was so common that when i worked at honda we had those in stock. just dont lose the little metal thing that goes into the actual plastic backing of the knob. very cheap to replace so dont worry about it.

and that swap does look sexy!

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
do the accord ones plug right in to the factory plugs of a crx?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
do the accord ones plug right in to the factory plugs of a crx?
the fan plug does sorta but you will get a dead spot on the fan speed. the Accord has 5 settings, while the CRX has 4.

i fixed this by wiring the Accord plug into the CRX one. then wired 2 of the lowest fan speeds together so there is always a speed in the "on" position.

but the door control has to be modifed. either cut and solder the accord plug into the CRX dash, or make a conversion harness like i did. i might roll around and do the write up on this as i was way too lazy last time:beer:

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
^^^hell yea.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
the knobs in my 90 Accord are fine,. and the climate control in my 88 STD(the ones in my 88 CRXs broke). I'm planning on doing a EG climate control swap on the STD, i like the slide-switches vs. the knobs.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts