Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ask the admin member named "Levi".

he does it with his hatch.

iirc, he has done it NA, s/c, and turbo.

he will not be on till probably monday, so don't bother to keep asking abou it. just pm the man and be done with it. he is an auto-x whorebag. :D

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
ask the admin member named "Levi".

he does it with his hatch.

he has done it s/c and turbo.

he will not be on till probably monday, so don't bother to keep asking abou it. just pm the man and be done with it. he is an auto-x whorebag. :D
Took the words right out of my mouth :lol:.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'll tell you how I went........Suspension, Tires, Race for a year, about to install turbo.

If you're serious about auto-x, sell the turbo kit and buy better suspension and tires. Quit B-dreamin', it's not needed. Some of the fastest Hondas around my region are D-series and I've beat plenty of B-series cars with my D, before I even had my Dunlops.

Or, get a boost controller, injectors, Hondata and a Kteller 2.5" downpipe and see how you like that.

If me and other guys can run quick times with stock D-series motors, then a turbo on the stock motor shouldn't slow you down any. :)

·
Registered
87 Integra RS-T
162 Posts
I usually don’t recommend suspension to newb autoX drivers, but since you will be running a turbo anyway, you will be placed in some mod class...with some really fast cars. With that said, get a nice suspension setup, and acquire the taste of humble pie.
After a few events your next mod MUST be driver school...best mod out there! (I still need to go to a drivers school)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is greddy 15g a good choice for autoX? seems like i hit full boost around 4k rpm's. the track in my area is actually a race track not just a bunch of cones lined up to make a track. the torque is really fun on the long straights. i can hit 100 mph on 5 psi on this certain straight so no telling what i can hit once i up the boost a little. i definitely want to upgrade my suspension. its got to much body roll plus i am only dropped like 1.5". i been thinking about a coilover setup such as tein basics but yet to pull the trigger on anything. figured i would read more and get some more opinions before i drop anymore cash

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just hold off until I get my kit up and running so I can tell you when I reach full boost. I'm guessing that a boost controller and kteller downpipe would wake up your car, but I'll be able to let you know before Christmas for sure.

As for racing, don't worry about how much you're lowered (ex. 1.5"), that effects almost nothing except camber if you have no way to adjust it. You want light wheels and really sticky tires first. Then move on to suspension parts and power. I routinely get smoked by a local guy who drives an ~'03 Civic in H-stock. Granted, he went to nationals this year, but h-stock means stock springs and big time body roll, so there is a lot to be said for driver ability and tires. :euro:

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Just hold off until I get my kit up and running so I can tell you when I reach full boost. I'm guessing that a boost controller and kteller downpipe would wake up your car, but I'll be able to let you know before Christmas for sure.

As for racing, don't worry about how much you're lowered (ex. 1.5"), that effects almost nothing except camber if you have no way to adjust it. You want light wheels and really sticky tires first. Then move on to suspension parts and power. I routinely get smoked by a local guy who drives an ~'03 Civic in H-stock. Granted, he went to nationals this year, but h-stock means stock springs and big time body roll, so there is a lot to be said for driver ability and tires. :euro:
he speaks the truth!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts