·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1120478

I would choose a better 'name' brand,,,the stage 3 XTD clutch on ebay for 150$ has had a review in the product reviews thread..(which is cheaper...probably better then the f1 clutch)
-I'm currently waiting on one

the f1 clutch will hold....not to say for how long,not to say how much power it will take to make it slip

but theres better/cheaper clutches out there...

f1 clutch is like a cheap knockoff like XTR clutches...

if you wanted to def. get some grip power & not worry about slippage...go with a excellent name brand such as:

SPEC, ACT, excedy , ext...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Yeah thats only 1400psi clamp force,which is basicly stock. remember that, I had one that was around that,a XTD stage 3 and it slipped at only 15psi. Now i have the XTD stage 4 unsprung, 2100+ psi clamp force. doesnt slip a bit. cheap as fuck.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
add another $100 to that price and you can get a lsd motorsports clutch. and that clutch will not slip :TU:.
LSD motosports is the place that im getting my clutch and i havent read or heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
im running the f1 statge 3 6pluck i love it no slip what so ever it catches great and pulls hard i have had it for about 7months and hard ... no problems
you boosted? and using big tires? or some low pros that spin? cause my 1400psi clamp force was crap on 15psi and tall walled tires.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
been driving on my clutch specialties for a little while now, stage 5 unsprung DD ftw:mikej:
hell's yea i love clutch specialties... i had a 4 puck unsprung with a heavy duty pp on my turbo d.. not one slip.. now i have a 4 puck unsprung extreme pp on my all motor b swap.. not one slip its nice..

give them a call they are located in fullerton california

1-714-525-4272

im not a rep for them.. i just like their clutches... ive had my share of ebay clutches from xtd and aimco clutch... one time i shattered the disc, and the other time the pressure plate was fucked up

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
if these cars are dd and ur using stg4 and 5 unsprung clutches imho i think thats dumb... what good is it? are u utilizing the total capacity for the clutch setup. im sure it will shorten the life of your transmission bearings and probably could of been done with a more friendly clutch at the same time....

now info on the xtd stg 3 clutch... sprung, i used it NA and turbo, turbo at 6 psi it is slipping and chatters alot more then when i first put it in, also the pilot bearing was crap, it blew apart in 2 weeks. started the whistling noise. when i blew the trans due to bottoming out and putting a hole in the case, i looked at the pilot bearing and it separated. so used the oem pilot bearing.

if theres a need for the stg4 then try it but i also agree with going with a reputable company

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
you boosted? and using big tires? or some low pros that spin? cause my 1400psi clamp force was crap on 15psi and tall walled tires.
Pretty sure that dude isn't boosted.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
LSD motosports is the place that im getting my clutch and i havent read or heard anything bad about them.
I had a bad main seal, runing on 8/ 10 psi and it would not slip at all. Best of all, after changing the main seal, and cleaning the clutch; it still held with no bit of slipping!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a XTD stage 3 6 puck sprung and so far is has been good for me.I have a 14b @ 11psi.It has been on for a year now.3 knock on wood!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if these cars are dd and ur using stg4 and 5 unsprung clutches imho i think thats dumb... what good is it? are u utilizing the total capacity for the clutch setup. im sure it will shorten the life of your transmission bearings and probably could of been done with a more friendly clutch at the same time....
I daily drive my built ls turbo...running pretty much anything other than a very serious clutch would be retarded imho. I always over-do it with clutches though since to me it makes no sense to buy a "tame" clutch and have it slip later on when the setup gets more serious (which it always seems to do in a hurry). For instance: my car is only at about 230whp (8psi) right now but as soon as i get off my ass and fix my laptop i can tune for more boost (and the big bottle of happy gas ive been dying to use for no good reason).

Oh and we carry comp clutch:TU:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
been driving on my competition clutch for a little while now, stage 5 unsprung DD ftw:mikej:

edit: im an idiot, i typed clutch specialties before

i'm current using a competition clutch 6 puck unsprung and had it for about 3 yrs daily driven. best clutch ive ever had and its been on 3 motors and 2 used flywheels already. ITS STILL GRABBING LIKE DAY 1. I purchased this clutch from stealthmodeperformance.com for $200 and there 12lbs flywheel $100. $300 shipped. This was when people were saying "go with act or clutchmasters" now CC is well known and proven. This same clutch is now being sold for $315 everywhere, I'm just looking for a similar clutch and quailty for the same price for my new setup. lol LSD motor sports selling a similar clutch at the same price. I was hoping that ebay clutch could do the job but it seems like its a hit or a miss. Are there any other clutches that are "best bang for your buck"?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
if these cars are dd and ur using stg4 and 5 unsprung clutches imho i think thats dumb... what good is it?

well the fact you have to pull your clucth back out now cause you have a stock pressure plate on a 6puck clutch and its slipping on only 6psi...thats pretty ignorant...i already tried the stage 3...they dont work. and for $5 moer...stage 4 is 2100+ psi clamp force..almost the same as a $400 clutch master. So now i can run as much boost as i want, and im not slipping...whats more ignorant? the fact that your slips..but stage 3 means you arent ignorant... or the fact my stage 4 unsprung doesnt slip. I cant even tell the damn difference between the sprng/ unsprung. Only diff i feel is the pedal is stiff as a bitch with the stage 4.

·
Registered
362 Posts
been driving on my competition clutch for a little while now, stage 5 unsprung DD ftw:mikej:

edit: im an idiot, i typed clutch specialties before
I feel ya. Its great. In my opinion you pay for what you get. My pressure plate broke on my stage 3 xtd and I am not pushing out anywhere near the horse power to be braking a clutch like that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts