Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few threads on here in search of some hands on experience with boosting a stock y8. I have chosen a snail, which I went with the super 60 t3 from turbonetics. Now I need to build the rest of the kit. Right now Im searching intercoolers, Ebay seems to come up more than any turbo parts for single cams lol I dont know what it is but their always around. I have seen people use the ebay intercoolers and they seem decent, but Id like to take my time and build this thing right. I have come across a few people using the greddy medium size intercooler on a t3/t4 setup with 63mm piping. Any insight other than the reasearch Ive done already?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I run the Greddy Si intercooler on my ek w/ fog lights and no problems. I just couldn't use the lower brackets on fog lights due to the piping. I run the Greddy factory size piping provided with the kit. I run a pfab manifold, t3/t4 eBay turbo and Greddy intercooler kit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Going to upgrade my cold side tho to 3" from go autoworks for my new turbo setup. Same manifold but Gt35 and new intercooler piping w/ v-band on turbo and throttle body bc those always popped off even with t-bolts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok awesome man thanks for the heads up.
the owner is greg and he takes good care of us members. just give em a call or wutevs and tell him what ur plans are and theyll hook u up. im planin on buying their a/c compatible kit when i get more funds :bigok:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I run the Greddy Si intercooler on my ek w/ fog lights and no problems. I just couldn't use the lower brackets on fog lights due to the piping. I run the Greddy factory size piping provided with the kit. I run a pfab manifold, t3/t4 eBay turbo and Greddy intercooler kit.
Thats what I have an 98 cx hatch though. I have the backyard special front bumper so Im going to see how this all mounts up because the bumper is obviously different from the inside than the stock. Whats your opinion on the intercooler as far as performance goes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats what I have an 98 cx hatch though. I have the backyard special front bumper so Im going to see how this all mounts up because the bumper is obviously different from the inside than the stock. Whats your opinion on the intercooler as far as performance goes?
It's been fine. I made 310 hp to the wheels and was only limited by the turbo and stock sleeves. I was told it would handle up to 400~450 hp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been fine. I made 310 hp to the wheels and was only limited by the turbo and stock sleeves. I was told it would handle up to 400~450 hp.
Ok cool that gives me a good ball park, I only plan on making a little over 200 whp...Im boosting a bone stock y8 to start, so around 200-210hp should be reasonable on 6-7lbs....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good man, now Im pretty sure you have the 99-00 front end, where the other guy up there was sayin on the 96-98 if you have the foglights you couldnt use the bottom brackets because it would hit the piping. Like I stated earlier I have the backyard special front bumper and by the looks of your intercooler, Im going to need to modify this bumper or piping in some way. Im going to research and see if I can find people who have used this bumper with a turbo application and see if in fact modification is mandatory. Awesome ride though, love the manifold.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pretty sure the bys bumper has more room than oem ones. i run my pipes whatever way since i dont even run a front bumper
i dont know maybe in the center it has more room, but the edges where it rounds seems tighter than oem...like the piping wouldnt fit, i dont know its been a while since Ive had my bumper off I guess Ill just take it off and mach it up when I get an intercooler and piping. Theres def more room in the center though perfect for an intercooler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts