Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My snap on MG725 finally shit the bed the other week. It had been loosing power for a while but I had purchased a Mac 1/2" that I frigin absolutely love in terms of balance/ power.

I kinda wanna take it apart myself if its easy enough.

I've also been reading online that snap on industrial does a flat rate rebuild for like 120$...but I'm Leary that my snap on rep will try an bend me over(like they always do, am I right?!)

So....any body on here have any success with a diy rebuild?

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Yes I have rebuilt both of mine MG725 and MG325...what happens is that the impact is sealed with Redline oil..but what happens is ppl oil the gun which is fine for non sealed impacts..so i oiled my impact by mistake and want thinking and the air tool oil somehow gets in to sealed chamber with the semi liquid Redline oil and dilutes it down and the oil is pushed out the exhaust..that in returns starves the bearing in the nose of the impact..Then the bearing gets dry and the vein assembly gets loose and messes up the impact housing..i rebuilt both of mine for $100 worth of parts from Snap-On..it's very simple to rebuild...clean entire housing from and debris and oil and find some good moly based semi liquid grease..If you need help let me know I can help you get all the o rings and bearings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts