Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my stand up comedy, anything from Eddie Murphy, Dane Cook, Dave Chappelle, Carlos Mencia, George Carlin,

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
Carlin, Gallagher, Pryor.

I've been reading Carlins autobiography, about 1/2 way through. I need to zone out on a mountain and finish it :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
check out ralphie may, adam ferrara, and jeffery ross. ive been listening to comedy station on iheart radio while at work. helps keeps a pos attitude!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
check out ralphie may, adam ferrara, and jeffery ross. ive been listening to comedy station on iheart radio while at work. helps keeps a pos attitude!
When I had my XM radio I used to listen to a comedy channel all the time, made long trips a breeze, people looked at me as if I was in drugs since I was lmao all the time.

Im disturbed to see Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia included in the same sentence as some of those other guys.
Every comedian has something funny to offer, some of them will cross the line and I think all of us, one time or another, will probably get ofended. But all of them have a different approach to what will be consider "funny". For example I don't like when black comedians rely to much on the black and white approach, it depends how you present the story, Dave Chappelle is a master at this type of comedy because of his style.

Might be race, morals, religions, background, culture, you name it!! But all of them depending on their life experiences have something to offer, shit some of them are funny cause they might say stuff that the regular, me and you , can't never or will never be able to say, them in the other hand can get away with it and depending how the story is told can be funny as hell.

It depends whether we can relate to it or not.

·
Registered
88 Sedan
87 Posts
I love a lot of the previously mentioned ones, but my favorite is Mitch Hedberg.
I listen to his comedy so much that I often catch myself speaking in his delivery pattern.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Patrice Oneal's last one elephant in the room was funny as hell. Jim Jeffries is hilarious ,Jim breuer is the shit as well.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Dave Chappelle, George Carlin and Louis C.K. in that order. And why in the hell is Mencia included in this????? Dane Cook isn't bad but isn't really good either. I can tolerate him.

There are many others I like but those are my fav 3. George Carlin is always priceless but there is just something about Dave that keeps me laughing non stop.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
I 100% recommend Lee Evans. He swears a LOT if you or someone watching doesn't like cussing but it's that cute British way so it doesn't really count.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RP_X4un6U-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer was good if only because me and my Dad watched it together.

EDIT*
Every comedian has something funny to offer, some of them will cross the line and I think all of us, one time or another, will probably get ofended.
On Mencia, it's not that he offends me(can't remember the last time I was genuinely offended by what someone said) to me it's his delivery. I can't stand his spazzing.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And why in the hell is Mencia included in this????? there is just something about Dave that keeps me laughing non stop.
To tell you the true, the one I posted here is the very first I seen of him, and it had some funny stuff, like the part that he talks about ADD and OCD.
Dave Chappelle has a way of telling the story, specially when he does the white person's voice, is just classic.

I 100% recommend Lee Evans. He swears a LOT if you or someone watching doesn't like cussing but it's that cute British way so it doesn't really count.
Like watching british because of their accent, but sometimes I don't get their jokes. Mr. Beans is another story, he is funny as hell too..
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RP_X4un6U-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer was good if only because me and my Dad watched it together.
I seen some of Denis material, he's really good too. Love him on the movie The Wreath"

EDIT*

On Mencia, it's not that he offends me(can't remember the last time I was genuinely offended by what someone said) to me it's his delivery. I can't stand his spazzing.
The one he did was funny, but he was really making it a more spanish thing than anything, but he said some stuff that were funny.
If you guys haven't seen this guy, check it out his name is Pablo Francisco

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Hot and fluffy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts