Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
looks like the obx ram horn manifold i have seen some people that had success with these. but i recommend try to re weld the weak spots if you buy it.

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
My guess is that it's OBX made and from the looks of things I doubt it's worth the time or money.

Oh... and you might want to read the SSAC/eBay thread at the top of this forum before you post anything about eBay again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah man, I read that thread right after I posted this, but for some reason, it didn't give me the option to delete this thread..

My bad. Thanks for the comments though. I figured it wouldnt be worth the trouble...
-Andrew

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Everything is starting to look the same makes me wonder where its all getting made from.
yeah, its a good thing that there are still quality companies out there that still make a decent manifold. I have a ccfab and love it......although they arent the most loved around here. but there is still lovefab, and tunertoys, and several others that make nice manis. lets hope that they stay around!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think you should buy the manifold and do a review. it looks good in the pic, but....
but.... looks arent everything... :)

I'm starting to think boosting my setup isn't the best idea.
I just don't think the reliability will be there. If I was down closer to 10:1, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I just don't feel like blowing up this 4k motor with 2,000 miles on it. :haha:

Let me wait 'till 5k :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yo Andrew, don't really know you, but just wanted to show love to a fellow T-towner. I have seen your car though, don't know where probably off Pensacola/White, but yeah man I am thinking about boosting the piss out of this z6 you wanna help with install/wire tuck?

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
you could always try a cast manifold, if you're worried about manifold reliability. and if you don't want to blow your build, don't push it too hard, and tune it well. but yeah, looks aren't everything.

but.... looks arent everything... :)

I'm starting to think boosting my setup isn't the best idea.
I just don't think the reliability will be there. If I was down closer to 10:1, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I just don't feel like blowing up this 4k motor with 2,000 miles on it. :haha:

Let me wait 'till 5k :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo Andrew, don't really know you, but just wanted to show love to a fellow T-towner. I have seen your car though, don't know where probably off Pensacola/White, but yeah man I am thinking about boosting the piss out of this z6 you wanna help with install/wire tuck?
Yeah man, I'll help out. Just LMK when you start cutting wires :)

I live on CCNW over by Fred George. I think I've seen your ride around too. nice btw :TU:

As far as my build 9000_red, I want to boost a max of 6 psi because of my compression (11:1!). Of course I'll take my time and make sure my tuner does it right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts