Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it looks like my buddy might be picking up a 96 HX this weekend and he's already planning on either building up the stock motor or doing a minime with the stock bottom end and a jdm d15b head I have laying around

has anyone successfully gotten any performance out of the y5 seeing how it has the roller cam setup and all? ie- performance cam/ecu swap/...??

as far as the minime, I haven't had time to screw around with comp calculators yet but just wondering if anyone has done it and how it turned out

thoughts, ideas, advice?

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just swap a p2j or p08 head on that block and you should have a nice little upgrade
thats what I was thinking cause the spare head I have is a P08, I know it would basically drop right on like any minime but like I said no idea on what compression would be yet...

a d15b with a z6 head is not a minime, it's a d15b. I also have the jdm d15b bottom end that the head came off of, but we figured the 1.6L bottom end would be good for a bit more tq.

and anyways whats with the roflcopter? because I was asking about the y5 head? if so dude thats not a new topic, this has been discussed at length and done successfully with surprising results by a few members on the 'other' board with the d15z1 motor, I've just never heard of any such things being done with the y5.

·
Registered
35 Posts
He said that a Jdm d15b with a z6/y8 isnt a mini me but it is if the d15b is non vtec.Therefore you would be doing a vtec head swap and it would be a mini-me swap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
d15b can also be non vtec i know i have one...so swapping a z6 head or y8 would do justice.Its not usual to see a d15b non vtec but they are out there i guarantee you that one bro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I Have a Jdm D15b sittin in my car right now and its non vtec,Thats why im swapping out to a d16z6 brand new motor.But yes they are vtec and non vtec at the same time so if you have the Jdm D15 vtec then runa y8 head on it,If its non vtec you can run either the y8 or z6 head they will both do you justice i promise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts