Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently i replaced my 90 sedan with another motor, sohc zc, i did all the wiring three years ago with the same motor, dpfi to mpfi..all the necessary stuff to run it correctly...but now after i replace the engine with another zc..my seat belt doesn't work..this never happen to me before when i worked on it...i didnt cut any wire that has to do with the automatic seat belt..wire is connected at the seats...what might it me..i haven't check fuse yet..also i replaced the ignition at the steering wheel..the ignition came of an SI hatch..any suggestion is appreciated...

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
there's no Fuse for your selt belts don't worry.
Did you pull them all the way out?
Did you mess with them in anyway?

I heard that HONDA has Life Time Warrenty on OEM seatbelts. They will exchange them for you ???

not 100% but I'm sure someone will clear that up for me.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
call your local honda dealership and scheduale an appointment under there:

"honda lifetime seat belt limited warranty"

they will fix, replace, or repair the seat belts for free as long as its due to normal wear and tear... they will not replace cut, stained, ect belts...if it just stopped working it stopped working, i would just tell them that it stopped working, they dont need to know the car was recently service(motor swapped)

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys for your help...i'll call and ask honda...i will give you guys the info on the seatbet for future references

1 - 5 of 5 Posts