Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a z6 it maybe is a y8 not 100% sure but i plan on putting this on in the next few days. I have already sourced out a metal head gaskit and plan on using the middle layer out of it to bump compreesion up a few. I also stripped it down and removed all the carbon and crap from intake mani and throttle body. Took the head apart and cleaned the old oil out and all the valves and sufaces clean as best as i could. I blocked off all the coolant lines running to the intake mani.
I know i should gain the most power out of it by tuning it (not spending alot of money in modding just tuning what i have), however i am not sure where to leave the timming at. Anywhere from few degrees advanced or around 4 degrees retard, which leaves me stumped at where it should be. I also wanna know what the plugs should be gaped at. I wanna do this now that way i can put them in with the head off and line the fire side of the spark plug up facing the intake valves.
As far as porting goes i dont wanna mess around with it i know it will help bump the VE up and a increase in power would be nice. Right now i am just trying to get rid of the non vtec head off my d15b7 so i can get more power out of it since turbo will come a little later. I do have a P-28 now and it is on the car.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
leave the timing alone. keep it at stock. you can index the plugs with the head on the car. just take note where the opening is on the plug when you put it in the spark plug socket. just make sure the socket is facing the way you want it when you get done tightening it.

ryan

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leave the timing alone. keep it at stock. you can index the plugs with the head on the car. just take note where the opening is on the plug when you put it in the spark plug socket. just make sure the socket is facing the way you want it when you get done tightening it.

ryan
Thanks i know i have the head off so i dont have to bother with that

·
Registered
247 Posts
leave the distributor timing stock, which is 12 deg. for Y engnines, and 16 deg. for D16Z6 engien.

then chip your ECU, and bump your map with 2 degrees. But you're supposed to run 93 octane after that. Also, smooth your map's slope cause it's not a streight line considering same RPM but starting from -10 in hg to 0psi. That would give you more power.

if you don't wanna chip the ECU, you can use EManage for that.

if you don't wanna use EManage, then leave the ECU stock, and advance your distributor with no more than 2 degrees ... that's gonna work fine, and will be the cheapest option

however, you aint gonna make that much more HP ..

Reactions: BLACK-KNIGHT
1 - 5 of 5 Posts