Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Dyno gt
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to get an idea as to what one would be in for.

Friend of mine has one but its not a s2 yet and I am having problems trying to get concrete info.

So far the best hp/tq I have heard of out of a s2 was 260hp - 220 to 230tq, But those things are heavy, Like 3000lbs heavy, and the average hatch/crx is 1000lbs lighter than one of those things.

So do you think a high comp, non vtec NA dseries/bseries could keep up with one of these?

I read they can do mid to high 13s.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
no. maybe if it was a built na. and a very built, p&p, high cr pistons, big cam, full bolt ons, and a good tune. even then i highly doubt it. maybe that and a 55shot

·
Registered
85 Dyno gt
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I should have specifyied better, sorry I got this neck pain that is kiling me and I am trying to keep my mind off it, But anywho I have updated my first post.

My friends plan is to keep the SC and go s2 with it, hes got a header for it but is waiting for the warenty to go up.

And I dont own a civic, let alone a honda, working out some ideas, doing some planning, reading and researching.

I do know its going to have to be a high comp motor and after reading some of the drag times and searching for dyno charts on here I think its possable.
My friend isent the greatest of a driver...ok hes not good at all, But if the highest hp/tq cobalt numbers I have seen only pulls a mid 13 I think its possable.

And he dosent plan on converting to turbo, he wants to keep the SC.

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
new cobalt ss is boosted the good way.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
yep and pretty peppy to boot.....
ahh dont give em too much credit.
the new turbod ones are almost impossible to get mods for. or at least thats how it was a little while after they came out.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
why spend 4k on a K20 when u can spend 2k on a fully built D and beat both a K20 and a Cobalt? lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.