Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there super single/twin disc clutches out there that chatter when pressed? Am searching for something similar to this, this is a B car...

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,531 Posts
why do you want a clutch that makes noise?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you want a clutch that makes noise?
I would say its a cultural thing? Clutches that make the distinct chatter and are really sought after here. Also its one of the legal "sound-related mods" you can do to your car. I dont expect that you'll be able to understand it but hopefully someone points me in the right direction :)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,382 Posts
yup love the chatter, the girls will do some shit if the clutch chat be there..

there must be a diy you could follow?

get one of these from Banggood and rig that shit with a drive belt off of the throw out bearing,
push in the clutch to over the rainbow ma man!

I would say its a cultural thing? Clutches that make the distinct chatter and are really sought after here. Also its one of the legal "sound-related mods" you can do to your car. I dont expect that you'll be able to understand it but hopefully someone points me in the right direction :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's it, I'm calling ricer or troll.

KILL HIM!
yup love the chatter, the girls will do some shit if the clutch chat be there..

there must be a diy you could follow?

get one of these from Banggood and rig that shit with a drive belt off of the throw out bearing,
push in the clutch to over the rainbow ma man!
No need for sarcasm and labeling. If you search up terms like "Ogura clutch sound" on youtube you will realize that all videos almost exclusively originate from Asian countries. It's really a different sentiment in my community regarding certain aftermarket parts. Embrace different cultures instead of dissing them, for the benefit of all that may search this up in future.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,531 Posts
so a 3 or 4 puck would make all the noise you want

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get one with the highest HP rating, so when you press the pedal in the whoever's driving whinges about how hard it is every time. Love that noise.
haha! Locals here use this item to circumvent that issue.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,476 Posts
so a 3 or 4 puck would make all the noise you want
It will also destroy the sliders and hubs in the transmission to the tune of $550-600 in parts, or more. I service that trans in time for one race just before the runoffs, and then it is ran at the runoffs. But they switched to a $$$$ dog box last year that I set up.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
412 Posts
It takes energy to make a noise. The most efficient car/machine/engine/wife would be one that's silent.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,476 Posts

A straight-cut transmission is inherently more efficient than a helical gearing system. The axial load produced by helical gears only detracts from the output energy from the transmission along with an increase in friction and therefore losses of energy due to heat occur.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts