Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With most thread pushing 15-20 years old, maybe it would be good to share some fresh discussions on which ITBs are available for use on the D series. Stuff that used to be popular and attainable like CBR954, CBR929, GSXR itbs are no longer easily accessible on used sites. Furthermore, most threads that were created 2 decades ago do not specify the year of the bikes that were used as they were modern bikes at that time. What would be a good route for DIY ITBs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
None. No one within 300 miles of where I am uses itb. An Ek4 costs around $70k today so yeah, that contributes to the reason. I really have no clue on what's suitable and it's not viable to buy many different itbs just to experiment and throw the unsuitable ones away :/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the way you're talking is as if you want it to magically bolt on with no rigging or thinking?
I've read somewhere that the ideal diameter for a d series is 42mm. That information is not easily accessible...this thread serves to help anyone who uses the search function next time since most thread are about 20 years old. It's not easy to find well suited itbs for our engine. Sure one can buy some random sports bike itb but if they arrive and the butterfly is too large or too small it wouldn't be useful. Plus some itbs are compatible with Honda stock TPS while others aren't. The point of making this thread is gather new development that were conceived since year 2000, I'm aware that magically bolt on stuff do not exist

·
Registered
1 Posts
With most thread pushing 15-20 years old, maybe it would be good to share some fresh discussions on which ITBs are available for use on the D series. Stuff that used to be popular and attainable like CBR954, CBR929, GSXR itbs are no longer easily accessible on used sites. Furthermore, most threads that were created 2 decades ago do not specify the year of the bikes that were used as they were modern bikes at that time. What would be a good route for DIY ITBs?
Toyota 4AGE 20V ITB's should do the trick all that is needed is a custom adapter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts