Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea this is a littler weird but thought why not ask.

Anyone here currently a lineman or know of any? Iv just graduated from Northwest Lineman College and im looking for a job. Im actually really interested in helping out over sea's with the aid of reconstruction of the Philippians.

If anyone could share any advice that would be great! thanks everyone!!!!

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Only type of lineman I have ever been was a high school football lineman sorry lol

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can always count on the guys to help lol

But sorry should have said electric lineman, basically an outside electrician.
Any position as it's a great career, if u are okay working from 100+ ft hights ur golden lol

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I knew what you were talking about just didn't have any helpful input lol

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol! That's Cool, just looking to start work asap =)

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, how high did u work out of

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, I'm scared of hights but u get use to working from hights 65ft+

Kinda gets fun after a while lol.

Did the comcas, how was the pay for hight work

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Piece work and it sucked.

Im looking to get a new job where im not a contractor and i can sell my work van.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I use to work for a local wireless internet company and climbed a couple tall water towers to do work.

Nothing really electrical up there just low voltage data cabling and LMR

Couple of the towers where over 100 feet tall but I always wore safety gear so I wasn't scared

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I do appreciate people like you who's willing to help countries that needs help. Right now as most of you know my country the Philippines is in chaos because of super typhoon and hundreds are missing and about 10,000 reportedly dead. My band will be doing a benefit concert for this specific matter.

Props to you man goodluck on the job search.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
brother was a lineman in the marines...outside of military and combat situations your best job is with cable companies making shit pay. he got a lucky break starting at an electrition company. they paid for his college and assisted him in getting his journeyman and then contractors license so he can leagally do side jobs....now he makes a decent living. he said if he could go back he would have tried for a different job in the military that was more practical in the real world

1 - 17 of 17 Posts