Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an Equal lenght Turbo Manifold or as also called "Turbo semi header".

Someting like this \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ but not that one..thats crappy ebay stuff.

Anyone knows of a company that makes them for D series engines?

A

·
0 Posts
www.lovefab.com

I have used a few of his manifolds in the past and they are top notch, not cheap, but top notch. He also is very nice and is will to work with you to modify his design to fit your needs.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAMN!!!

Thanks but thats more than id like to spend..Im looking for something around the 250-300 range.

O

·
0 Posts
hypertech.com

$1200

if your looking for cheap, your bets bet is to get one of those ebay units and have it rewelded on the welds. that way it holds better. who cares if it looses some of it's chrome or looks crappy afterwords. chrome always turns colors when heated too mush such as in turbo apps anyways. so this way it will be functinoal instead of crappy. also make a custom bracket that will bolt to the turbo and help hold it up to relieve some of the stress on the header unit. this will laos help to slow aging and cracking as much

A

·
0 Posts
you are NEVER gonna fine a equal length, quality, non ebay crap manifold for 2-300 dollars. If you do, send the link my way because i will buy a few.
The schedule 40 stainless steel pipe, and the heavy guage stainless steel flanges cost about $200 alone. Then you need to add almost a full day of labor to weld them together.

O

·
0 Posts
i like the drag for a decent alternative tot he cheapo tubulars liek the one pictured. else go with a love fab or hypertech is the best hands down.

K

·
0 Posts
i personally like the fullrace manifolds. i think they are the best in quality and they also come with a hard to beat kit.(as far as power not price)

B

·
0 Posts
we all know the tubular ones look better but I think it's overkill and a waste of money to use one on a lower hp street setup sometime. A log manifold works for LOTS of fast turbo cars. it's the classic Bling vs. Function compromise.

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
bailhatch said:
we all know the tubular ones look better but I think it's overkill and a waste of money to use one on a lower hp street setup sometime. A log manifold works for LOTS of fast turbo cars. it's the classic Bling vs. Function compromise.
The only benefit of a log manifold is price. A properly built turbular manifold can make the same amount of power as a log manifold at lower boost levels. Not to meantion the quicker spool and lower heat.

That said I have a Greddy SOHC manifold and an HKS one. The Greddy lookes like a tiny tubular manifold, and if you look inside it really is. The HKS on the otherhand looks like the Greddy but if you look inside it's just hollow. The HKS will be going on the beater. ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
as I have said before the ssautochrome is good stuff there is just a couple of precautions you need to take to ensure its longjevity. the only problem is the support..a turbo is alot of weight to just be suspended mid air like the ss chrome one does. so simply make a support that goes from the block up to the turbo to take some of the stress off the manifolds welds.

Ive had mine supported like this for almost 2 years and i havent had a single problem with it ever

B

·
0 Posts
You are right about the "properly built tubular manifold" which cost 3X what a good log style does. For 250whp it's a real waste of resources.
From a thermodynamic standpoint, yes tubular is better, hands down. The real world bites many a turbo enthusiast in the ass when they spent all their money on shiny 'race' parts and not the important shit.

properly sizing the turbo and getting the engine managment right are far more critical parts of a street oriented honda setup. I love seeing the big $ parts making huge power but a $900 manifold for a car that runs high 13s just doesn't do it for me. to each his own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts